I was cruising around the Internet tonight trying to find some interesting NASCAR news, and I found some things - but nothing that I really wanted to write about. I mean if I were in this to write about any and all drivel pertaining to NASCAR then I would, but I'm not. I will not fill my blog with 'fluff' just to have something for someone to read - I would rather not post anything at all.
With that being said, let's get on to the 'fluff' (just kidding)!
It is a pretty good read, especially if you are a long-time fan of NASCAR, or a new fan interested in the sport's colourful history. I really enjoyed it, and afterwards I found myself thinking of other great finishing moves that I remember. Speaking of memory there are only 2 events on Zeske's list that I didn't see - although I have seen them on hi-light reels.
Off the top of my head, some of the other great finishing moves (in no particular order) that I can recall are;
1) Dale Earnhardt's last victory - just how many cars did he pass? Enough said.
2) The 1991 Busch Clash where Dale Earnhardt started last in the final segment and passed everyone to get to the lead in less than 2 full laps.
3) Dale Earnhardt's only road course victory, where if it weren't for the slip by Mark Martin in some oil Earnhardt would have finished second.
4) Speaking of road courses, how about the race at Sonoma (the year escapes me) where Ricky Rudd laid the bumper to Davey Allison and ended up getting the black flag instead of the checkers with NASCAR giving the victory to Allison?
5) How about Ricky Craven beating out Kurt Busch at Darlington by a bumper, or Kevin Harvick beating Jeff Gordon by a bumper at Atlanta, or Dale Earnhardt beating Bobby Labonte by a bumper at Atlanta too?
6) How about Derek Cope's Daytona 500 victory in 1990? Being a Dale Earnhardt fan that hurt, but still, Derek Cope deserved that victory because he had put himself in position to win.
7) Hey! How about Kevin Harvick's pass on Mark Martin this year at Daytona?
I could go on with more, but I'll let you do that - what are some of your "smooth move" finishes that you can recall?
Photo Credit: The Associated Press
For those of you who have been following my volleyball exploits of the last few weeks, here is the latest: WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!
I still can't believe it - I'm beside myself. These girls are absolutely the best volleyball team, male or female, that I have ever coached. We won 3 of the 4 tournaments we entered, went undefeated in regular season play, and tonight we just won the City Championship!
What makes this even more special is that all of these girls, except two, were also on my City Championship Baseball team too.
We are double City Champions this year, wow! I'm so proud of these girls, they really worked well together as a team and were very coachable. Way to go girls!!!