This past Sunday is really the Triple Crown of Racing for the die-hard racing fan. Here is how the day unfolds for such a creature:
- Get up early trying to be quiet to let the rest of the house sleep-in (less distractions for you anyway) and watch the F1 race in Monaco (which I think is one of the best races each season on the F1 circuit)
- Take a bit of a break, which usually involves brunch with the family and some quality time with the family, like washing the car in the driveway
- Dump the family like a bad tire and catch the overly publicized, yet still entertaining, Indy 500 (hey, where is Paul Tracy and Sebastien Bourdais?)
- Take another break, which usually involves some sort of cooking of meat over an open flame and spend some more quality time with the family just before supper, like vacuuming out the car in the driveway
- Drop everything, including the family, like a hot break rotor, grab a Pepsi, and catch the NASCAR marathon called The Coca Cola 600
- Go to bed, tip-toeing up the stairs as not to wake up the family (when did they go to bed anyway?) and decide to take the family go-karting on Monday (after washing and vacuuming the other car of course)
I love the Memorial Day weekend of racing. Add to this the Craftsmen Tuck race on Friday, the Busch race on Saturday, as well as the Canadian Tire Series (Eh!) race on Saturday, and a variety of other types of racing (ie. motorcycles) and this weekend is a Gearhead's delight.
I know I promised more about the events of this past weekend, but I must retire for the evening as I'm not feeling too well due to an abusively aggressive accursed dental treatment today. OK I just had a filling put in but due to genetics I have to have more freezing than a normal person and my jaw just kills after it wears off due to the number of needles they have to use to put the freezing in.