Whew, what a tremendously busy weekend.
Anyway, here is a breakdown of what I thought of the All-Star race.
The Burn Out Contest
- good idea, poorly executed - too many rules
- Jimmie Johnson's burnout was the best out of them all
- they should have selected a panel of fans as judges to rate the burnouts on a scale of 1-10, or 1-5 and then average them together like they do with the Monster Trucks
The Last Chance Qualifier
- I liked the race.
- Elliott Sadler has a short memory, didn't he just wreck Stewart the week before at Darlington the same way in a points race no less?
- Go AJ and Sam!
- Too bad Vickers wasn't there in the end.
The Driver Introductions
- I used those to get a snack and go to the washroom as I had not gone since before the 2 hour pre-race show.
- Kasey Kahne was voted in and not Dale Jr endorsed Elliott Sadler? Whoa, those girls from the All State commercials must have been behind this somehow.
- Did you see the problems Dale had in getting the truck moving? Now I know that was not him driving the truck in the commercials. I feel so duped.
- Kyle Busch is driving a rocket launcher.
- Where are the Hendrick cars? This is killing me in my fantasy league.
- Correction: Kyle Busch is driving a super-charged Toyota powered rocket launcher.
- This is getting boring.
- Wait! Busch has 'done blowed up' or something.
- OK, where are those Hendrick cars now?
- Missed, because I fell asleep during the mandatory 10 minute Pit Stop.
- Here's an idea, get rid of the two hour pre-race show and hold the All-Star events so that those of us who have little kids who get up at 6 am can actually stay awake and watch the damn thing. If NASCAR prides itself on being family orientated then why do their Saturday night races all end well after my kid's much later weekend bed time?
- Still asleep, but I later heard Jr led for a bit.
- Speaking of Jr, that was one cool paint job. I hope he brings that back and runs it more.
- Woke up just in time to see Kahne take the checkers. I thought the Biff was going to have the field covered once Busch was out of it, what did I miss?
- Where were the Hendrick cars? I'm dead in fantasy land for sure now.
Victory Lane Celebrations
- Couldn't tell you what I think as I turned the TV off once Kahne took the checkers and went straight to bed. My kids got me up at 6:30 am the next morning. I got to sleep an extra 30 minutes, lucky me.
Don't forget to enter in my NASCAR Baby give away.