Pit Crew Challenge
Tonight was the time to give the unsung hereos on pit row their chance to be in the spotlight as the annual Pit Crew Challenge took place.
The seven man Red Bull team of Mike Metcalf (catch-can), Brian Haaland (front-tire changer), Shaun Peet (jackman), Doug Newell (gas man), Aaron Schields (front-tire carrier), Danny Kincaid (rear-tire changer), and Jake Brzozowski (rear-tire carrier) changed four tires, filled the car with fuel and pushed it 40 yards in 22.902 seconds, just a 10th of a second over Denny Hamlin's crew, to collect the $70,000 first prize.
They also got their driver, Brian Vickers, his choice of pit stalls for Saturday's NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race at Lowe's Motor Speedway. One problem though, Brian still has to qualify for the event.
"We're pretty confident our driver will get us into that deal," jackman Shaun Peet said, "All the pressure is on him."
He could also get voted in too, but don't count on it as perinneial fan favourite Dale Jr, who is already in the event, has publically stated that he will be voting for Elliott Sadler and if Dale's numerous fans vote en mass, Elliott will surely be in the All-Star event.
I'm going to surprise you and tell you I'm voting for Robby Gordon. I know I haven't been exactly nice to him here at Ranting and Raving, but he is truly the last full-time owner-driver in NASCAR and that alone should get him into the All-Star race. Not being afraid to stick his nose in where it does not belong might also provide for some good on-track battles too.
As promised from yesterday, here is the Team Baby 'NASCAR Baby'contest to end all contests
I've got 4 of these toddler-friendly educational DVD's to give away and all you have to do is follow these instructions:
- Looking at the picture tell me who these drivers are, what race this is that they finished 1st and 2nd in, and from what year?
- Send all answers via email to email@example.com
- Please use Team Baby Contest as the subject heading in the email.
- The contest will run for 7 days. Contest closes at midnight on Friday May 23, 2008.
- Winners will be randomly selected from all accurately completed entries.
- You may enter more than once, but your are limited to 2 entries per day per email address.
- Chances of winning are based on number of entrants.
- For more info about Team Baby products, including 'NASCAR Baby', go here.
Contest Photo: howstuffworks.com