Back in February I made my now infamous top 25 predicting list for the end of the season. So how did I do? Let's look at it in more earnest shall we?
Here is the original list:
1. Jimmie Johnson
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Matt Kenseth
4. Carl Edwards
5. Tony Stewart
6. Kurt Busch
7. Kevin Harvick
8. Dale Earnhardt Jr
9. Kyle Busch
10. Martin Truex Jr
11. Denny Hamlin
12. Ryan Newman
13. Clint Boywer
14. Greg Biffle
15. Juan Montoya
16. Kasey Kahne
17. Casey Mears
18. Jeff Burton
19. Jamie McMurray
20. Bobby Labonte
21. Reed Sorenson
22. Elliott Sadler
23. Brian Vickers
24. Dave Blaney
25. David Ragan
26. David Reutimann
and here is how they actually finished, with my own commentary added for your enjoyment and my embarrassment:
1. Jimmie Johnson - at least I got this one right and I can honestly say I didn't jump on the bandwagon at the end of the year either, I was the one who started the bandwagon baby!
2. Carl Edwards - not far off really. I feel good about this one
3. Greg Biffle - oh, boy this hurts. Uhg! Sorry Greg.
4. Kevin Harvick - this is like Edwards, I feel good about this one too
5. Clint Bowyer - is that egg on my face? Could I at least have a little bacon too?
6. Jeff Burton - O.K., I'll have some toast and jam with those eggs and bacon
7. Jeff Gordon - even he didn't perform to his expectations so I don't feel bad
8. Denny Hamlin - don't feel bad about this one either
9. Tony Stewart - again, not too bad with this one either
10. Kyle Busch - hey I had him in 9th, feeling jim dandy about this one for sure
11. Matt Kenseth - maybe I got him and Biffle mixed up some how.
12. Dale Jr - I did say I had some reservations about his team this year, but I expected a little better.
13. David Ragan - o.k. he did better than anyone thought he would with what he had
14. Kasey Kahne - Not too bad with this one, although I'm sure the All State girls wanted more
15. Martin Truex Jr. - I was a little too optimistic, but considering the state of DEI I'm surprised he did as well as he did
16. Jamie McMurray - just missed by a bit
17. Ryan Newman - another Jeff Gordon type of year expectation wise, but still within 5 places
18. Kurt Busch - waaaaay off on this one, guess I'll have some juice with those eggs too
19. Brian Vickers - missed by 4, not too bad I must say
20. Casey Mears - hey not bad with this one too!
21. Bobby Labonte - missed by one, I must be psychotic ... er ... I mean psychic!
22. David Reutimann - missed by 4 again - acceptable I think
23. Travis Kvapil - not even close, I think I had him in 30th when I did the list way back when
24. Elliott Sadler - missed by two, must be doing something right
25. Juan Montoya - I'll have seconds of the eggs please - although he did do better than most would have driving the same crap he was this year
26. Paul Menard - again not on the list, but if I recall correctly I had him in about 28th but I can't substantiate that one either so you just have my word on it.
I think I did better than I originally thought when I started writing this post. Look out Vegas there's a new odds-maker in town! O.K. maybe not, I still sucked in the NASCAR pool I was in this year so that doesn't help.