1. St. Louis- DT- Ndamukong Suh
- This is a tough pick to mock. The Suh pick is what I believe the Rams will do not what they should do. St. Louis is starting to look like the Lions but instead of wide receivers they are drafting defensive linemen.
2. Detroit- DT- Gerald McCoy
- This is another tough selection. If Suh is on the board he is a given but I am not sure the Lions are as high on McCoy. However, Coach Schawrtz loves dominating defensive tackles and is looking for an Albert Haynesworth type. Another option here is Joe Haden (CB Florida) but #2 might be a little high.
3. Kansas City- S- Eric Berry
- Kansas City has a lot of holes and their secondary is arguably the area of most need. A playmaker and leader Berry will pay immediate dividends.
4. Tampa Bay- DE- Derrick Morgan
- Will the Bucs draft another defensive end in the top 5? There defense is in need of a home run with this pick. Hopefully Morgan turns out better than Gaines Adams.
5. Cleveland- CB- Joe Haden
- The Browns have a lot of needs. A top notch cover corner helps cover a lot of holes on defense.
6. Washington- OT- Russell Okung
- Injuries have decimated the Redskins offensive line. With Chris Samuels’s future in question Washington looks to solidify the tackle position. Quarterback is an option here but there is debate that neither Bradford nor Clausen are franchise quarterbacks.
7. Buffalo-OT- Anthony Davis
- Buffalo’s tackle position has been a revolving door of ineptitude. Davis has the potential to solve that issue.
8. Oakland- QB- Sam Bradford
- Can Al Davis really admit defeat? He has to JaMarcus is not the answer neither is Frye or Gradkowski.
9. Seattle- OT- Trent Williams
- Walter Jones is on his way out and a replacement is needed. Everyone in the NFL knows how important an offensive line is to success.
10. Denver(Chicago)- DE- Carlos Dunlap
- Continuing the build the defense is going to be important to Denver’s success. Dunlap has been slipping on draft boards due to character issues but I feel he will overcome that with several impressive workouts. How horrible is it to be a Bears fan? They have a major need at wide receiver and Dez Bryant would have been there for the taking.
11. Jacksonville- DE Jason Pierre-Paul
- The Jaguars are in need of a pass rush after the failure of Derek Harvey to do so.
12. Miami- WR- Dez Bryant
- Ted Ginn has failed to make plays in the passing game. Bryant is a playmaker and will pay immediate dividends.
13. Tennessee- LB- Navorro Bowman
- Keith Bullocks career was in question before his season ending injury. Bowman can be his replacement.
14. San Francisco- OT- Bruce Campbell
- The 49ers need offensive line help and Campbell can step in and help on the right side of the line.
15. San Francisco (Carolina)- S- Taylor Mays
- Coach Singletary loves hardnosed players and Mays fits that bill.