Mel Kiper Jr., venerable draft guru and helmet hair overlord of ESPN, has released his latest mock draft.
This one is of the four-round variety.
A couple surprises in the firs round, including Robert Ayers of Tennessee going to Buffalo 11th overall. I personally don't see it. If someone can explain the intrigue of Ayers to me, please do.
He also has Kenny Britt at No. 22, which is higher than I've seen most anywhere else.
Another surprise is Michael Johnson. I can't seem to find a consensus on this guy at all. Personally, I have him ranked in the top 20 overall as a player. Kiper has him going 53rd.
- Pat White going in the second round to New England
- Patrick Chung dropping to the third
- Donald Washington, who is terrible, going in the third
- Asher Allen dropping to the third
- A fullback being taken in the first four rounds
What I like most about Kiper's mock is the influence it will have on readers. Check it out and then watch how other people's mocks start to resemble his. It's very interesting.