Well, I'm finally getting around to it. Sorry for the delay but you've just got to roll with it sometimes.
Anyway here is how I saw it on Saturday night:
- I feel great for Mark Martin - absolutly great!
- The only reason why Jr was out front was because Eury made the gamble to get track position. Let's be realistice here - if the 88 team were a better team Eury wouldn't always have to make those kinds of gambles to get out front because they would already be there. You want Jr to win? Come on do ya? Then make him as uncomfortable as hell and force him to work with a different crew chief. I'm not saying this is Eury's fault, I'm saying the situation between Eury and Jr is too comfortable. How many Crew Chiefs did Jr's Daddy have? A lot and he still won. Why? Because they were forced to work together and communicate - something that just isn't happening with the 88 team right now.
- Speaking of Jr, how about him and Mears getting together on the track during the race and on the cool down lap? No word yet on any penalties if any.
- How about those mistakes in the pits? Busch got caught speeding and Jeff Gordon lost a lug nut and went 2 laps down.
- Did you see who was in the top 10 at the end? Hornish, Treux, and Reutimann, not to mention Kurt Busch too. Great job by them.
- Speaking of feel good stories I think Tony Stewart is going to second and third them to death this year - he is sitting 4th in points right now even though he hasn't won a race yet this year.
- Did you see Jack Roush in victory lane congratulating Mark on his win? Cool. I guess there aren't too many hard feelings there after all - I certainly thought there might have been but I now have some doubts.
- Hey you can follow me on Twitter now. Go to www.twitter.com/4ever3 and sign up for my 'tweets' today!
Photo Credit: Chris Graythen/Getty Images for NASCAR