Wednesday's late college basketball tipoffs feature conference games in the Big East, Big Ten, Mountain West and Pac-10, and a non-conference showcase in the Windy City.
- Indiana travels to Ohio State, fresh off a win against Michigan on New Year's Eve. The Wolverines happened to follow up that loss with a win against the Buckeyes on Sunday. Before the Hoosiers get too excited about their chances, it's looking like Evan Turner, Mr. Everything for OSU, should make his return from a back injury in this one.
- The big non-conference game of the night takes place in Chicago where Mike Krzyzewski brings his fifth-ranked Duke Blue Devils to his hometown for a game against Craig Brackins and Iowa State. This will be the country's best chance to see the Cyclones' star, a surefire NBA prospect.
- In the Big East, Seton Hall visits 13th-ranked Connecticut, looking to snap a string of three straight close losses. , Meanwhile, Jerome Dyson, Stanley Robinson, Kemba Walker and the rest of the Huskies would like a second straight convincing home win.
- There's another big Mountain West tilt this evening that not many will see. Defending MWC tournament champion BYU hosts UNLV, who has also spent some time in the AP poll this season. Much like 15th-ranked New Mexico's trip to San Diego State Tuesday, this one is also only on The Mountain.
- In Pac-10 action, California hosts UCLA. The Golden Bears crushed Stanford in their only conference game to date, while the Bruins sit at 1-1. However, UCLA nearly gave the game away to Arizona State in their opening win, and looked terrible against Arizona on Saturday in a morning tipoff.
Here are all the links you'll need to follow and discuss these games here on SB Nation.
FINAL: Ohio State 79, Indiana 54
The Buckeyes romped in Evan Turner's return to the lineup.
Hoosier game preview and discussion at The Crimson Quarry
Buckeye game preview and discussion at The Buckeye Battle Cry
FINAL: No. 5 Duke 86, Iowa State 65
The Blue Devils got a big win in Coach Mike Krzyzewski's hometown.
Blue Devil game preview and discussion at Duke Basketball Report
Cyclone game preview and discussion at Clone Chronicles
FINAL: No. 25 BYU 77, UNLV 73
The Cougars survived a challenge from the Runnin' Rebels to pick up a win in their MWC opener.
Game preview and discussion at Mountain West Connection
Cougar game preview and discussion at Vanquish The Foe
For more on Wednesday's college basketball schedule, visit Blogging The Bracket.