I'm feeding my addiction by mocking this early. I really need a healthier habit like drinking. Did not want to spend a lot of time on draft order. Borrowed Dan's top 10 (thanks), for the rest I used point differential to break record ties. Moved up the division champs as recognized by the NFL standings. Best NFC team got Super Bowl credit.
1. CAR - Prince Amakamura, CB, Nebraska
Because of the merchandising opportunities with a tandem of Prince and Captain.
2. BUF - Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
This QB from Stanford is better than the last one. He's young, expect a learning period.
3. SF - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
Not sold on replacing Smith, and I like Carr. Patience needed. Peterson is the best player left.
4. DET - Robert Quinn, DE, UNC
VandenBosch can teach his replacement.
5. CLE - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
Combination of size, speed, and consistent production make him the #1 WR.
6. DAL - Marcell Dareus, DE, Alabama
An upgrade at DE and no need picks worth this slot.
7. SD - A.J. Green, WR, Georgia
I did not plan to give them a WR, but then I did not expect them to be picking this low.
8. NE from OAK - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
Seymour is missed.
9. DEN - Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
I thought the front 3 needed to be addressed in the draft last year.
10. CIN - Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
A tough pick. I can see Clayborn or Baldwin here as well. A good fit for Mallett as he would have time to develop.
11. MIN - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
Need a healthy CB. Cook could always be pushed to FS if Winfield and Griffin stick around awhile.
12. STL - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
Spags knows the value of a multi-back system, and Jackson has not played 16 games in many years.
13. WAS - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
A team with a lot of needs, they pick the best player available.
14. GB - Akeem Ayers, OLB, UCLA
An athlete to complement Matthews Jr. I don't like him, but I'll defer to others for now. Also thinking Baldwin, Driver cannot play forever.
15. JAC - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
Fans are tiring of Garrard, and he is a better value than any DB here.
16. TB - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson
Pass rush needed. Needs to have a productive season to keep this high spot
17. MIA - Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
Ronnie and/or Ricky could be gone in FA. Although this is high for Williams, maybe a safety belongs here. Or O'Dowd.
18. SEA - Janoris Jenkins, CB, Florida
Could also be a DE for Seattle, but I think none justify this slot.
19. TEN - Travis Lewis, LB, Oklahoma
A great player to fill Bulluck's shoes.
20. BAL - Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina
Ed Reed has talked retirement, and there is nothing special at SS.
21. ARI - Derek Sherrod, LT, Mississippi State
No QB worth the pick here.
22. KC - Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
A great value here and a big need.
23. HOU - Ras-I Dowling, CB/FS, Virginia
An obvious need addressed.
24. CHI - Gabe Carimi, RT, Wisconsin
They need a solid guy to run and pass block, their system requires a good RT.
25. NYG - Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
Replaces their existing Texas CB named Aaron who has disappointed.
26. NO - Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina
Also could use a DE, but this is the better pick here.
27. ATL - Michael Floyd, WR, Notre Dame
A good #2 WR has been missing for some time.
28. IND - Michael Pouncey, G/C, Florida
The best lineman on the board, and versatile.
29. NE - Kristopher O'Dowd, G/C, USC
30. PIT - Cameron Jordan, DE, California
The front 3 is aging.
31. PHI - Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
Improves the DT rotation and has upside. Don't want to reach for OL.
32. NYJ - Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska
Ellis is aging and the other DEs are nothing special.
1. NE from CAR - DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma
Carolina's trade looks bad now. A RB with experience in a similar offense.
2. BUF - Von Miller, OLB, Texas A&M
Maybin looks like a bust, they need a pass rush.
3. SF - Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
I'd still give Smith a chance, but I'm, hedging my bets. Big difference between here and #3 overall sitting on the bench.
4. DET - Greg Jones, MLB/LB
All other things being equal, you pick the local guy.
5. CLE - Jeremy Beal, OLB, Oklahoma
Tempted to go Rudolph here.
6. DAL - DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson
Do Dallas fans still think that safety is not a problem?
7. SD - Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
No depth at CB after trading Cromartie.
8. OAK - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
Al falls in love with the arm strength and athleticism.
9. DEN - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
Great value here.
10. CIN - Rahim Moore, FS, UCLA
One of my easiest picks, fits need and slot.
11. MIN - Jerrell Powe, DT, Mississippi
Pat Williams retiring, huge hole to fill.
12. STL - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
Robbins is not young, and more inside rush could help Long.
13. WAS - Rodney Hudson, G, Florida State
A coach that does not mind small linemen, and a player everybody raves about.
14. GB - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
Youth needed at the position.
15. JAC - Stefen Wisniewski, C, Penn State
No appropriate DBs here again.
16. TB - Joseph Barksdale T, LSU
Inconsistent opinions on this guy. TB needs line help and the tackles are approaching UFA status. Barksdale could be tried on either side.
17. DEN from MIA - Sione Fua, NT, Stanford
A guy rising up the boards, Williams does not have much left.
18. SEA - Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh
Clemons may be having a career year, but you have to wonder why he could not stick anywhere else. Also, Lawyer Milloy is 2nd on the team in sacks.
19. TEN - Ben Ijalana, G, Villanova
Johnson is not getting the holes he once had.
20. BAL - Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma
Some of the current WRs may be rentals and there is age at the position.
21. ARI - Quan Sturdivant, ILB, North Carolina
Another draft where ILBs fall, no QB worth the pick here again
22. KC - Mark Herzlich, OLB, Boston College
An all-around player to soon replace Vrabel.
23. HOU - Jurell Casey, DT, USC
No DBs fit this slot, and Casey is a value pick here
24. CHI - Justin Boren, G, Ohio State
The OL still needs help.
25. NYG - Nate Solder, T, Colorado
Competition for Beatty or a true tackle backup.
26. NO - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
Measurable be damned, this guy keeps producing.
27. ATL - Sam Acho, DE, Texas
Future competition for Sidbury, but this might be too high for him.
28. IND - Anthony Constanzo, T, Boston College
I have him lower than most because I think he needs to get stronger.
29. NE - Matt Reynolds, T, BYU
Pats will not have to resign Light.
30. PIT - James Brewer, RT, Indiana
Flozell is a temp.
31. PHI - Marcus Cannon, G, TCU
A big guy like Philly loves.
32. NYJ - Ronald Johnson, WR, USC
Can't see both Edwards and Holmes coming back.