1. St. Louis- DT- Ndamukon Suh- Nebraska
- St. Louis could go quarterback in this spot and the recent development that Sam Bradford should be 100% for his pro day and workouts raises that possibility. However, I still think that Coach Spagnola will push hard for Suh and the fact that he is the best and most sure fire prospect, will ensure he gets his man.p>
2. Detroit- DT- Gerald McCoy- Oklahoma
- Detroit has a lot of needs and defensive line is one of them. McCoy is a disruptive force and would help in both the running game and creating pressure on the quarterback. Maybe they could trade down and pick up some extra picks and go after someone like Joe Haden. But who is going to trade up? Maybe someone after Bradford?
3. Tampa Bay- S- Eric Berry- Tennessee
- Berry is too good of a talent to pass up. The Bucs need playmakers on the defense and Berry arguably the top defensive playmaker, behind Suh. Tampa could go for Derrick Morgan to sure up their pass rush but Berry’s talent will win out.
4. Washington- OT- Russell Okung- Oklahoma State
- Washington could go for Bradford and that is very likely but I still feel that Shanahan will give Campbell a shot. The offensive line was a major issue last season and Okung could anchor the left side for a long time.
5. Kansas City- LB- Rolando McClain- Alabama
- This is really high for an inside linebacker, but it’s a major need for the Chiefs. The Chiefs showed last season that they will reach to fill need, will they do that again? In this mock Bradford is still on the board so this could be a really hot trade spot.
6. Seattle- QB- Sam Bradford- Oklahoma
- The recent news that Bradford will be 100% for his pro day and workouts really elevated his stock. I believe firmly that coaches and GMs fall in love with players during the draft process and the fact that Bradford will be able to work out helps him a lot. Seattle needs to find a quarterback of the future; they may not be in a better position than they are this year.
7. Cleveland- CB- Joe Haden- Florida
- Haden is by far the best corner in this draft. Cleveland really needs to upgrade their secondary and Haden is a perfect start.
8. Oakland- OT- Anthony Davis- Rutgers
- The Raiders need to stabilize the offensive line if JaMarcus or any quarterback is expected to succeed. Davis has a ton of athletic ability and the potential to be a dominate left tackle in the NFL.
9. Buffalo- WR- Dez Bryant- Oklahoma State
- Jimmy Clausen is a possibility here but Coach Gailey has shown that he could get production out of lower level talent. Dez Bryant adds a dynamic playmaker to the offense and whoever is at quarterback well be happy with this pick. The Bills might be making the switch to a 3-4 defense so if someone rises up the board that fits the scheme, which could be the pick.
10. (X) Denver (from Chicago) - DT- Dan Williams- Tennessee
- Denver misses out on both Dez Bryant and Rolando McClain but Dan Williams is fast rising prospect that can fill in at nose tackle.
11. (X) Jacksonville- DE- Derrick Morgan- Georgia Tech
- Jacksonville needs help in the pass rush department and Morgan is the best defensive end prospect in this year’s draft. This could be the potential steal of the first round because Morgan has a ton of talent.
12. Miami- DE/OLB- Brandon Graham- Michigan
- Graham had an impressive senior bowl week and that has lead to his rise up the draft boards. Graham showed that he can get to the quarterback with ease and is a constant threat to disrupt a play. Miami needs some help at the OLB position and Graham can help in that department.
13. San Francisco- S- Earl Thomas- Texas
- Thomas is a ball hawking cover safety and that’s exactly what the 49ers need. The 49ers need help at offensive tackle but Thomas’s value meets position of need here.
14. Seattle (from Denver)- RB- CJ Spiller - Clemson
- Seattle needs some speed in their offense and Spiller has a lot of speed. Spiller can solve the Seahawks running back problems. Seattle still needs help along the offensive line but that could be filled with later round picks.
15. New York Giants- DT- Brian Price- UCLA
- The Giants defensive line just didn’t get the job done last season. Price can be a disruptive force for the Giants defense.p>
16. (X) San Francisco (from Carolina) - T- Trent Williams- Oklahoma
- San Francisco needs an upgrade at the right tackle position and Williams has the potential to be a dominate right tackle. Williams might be a right tackle only because he struggled some last season at the left tackle position.
17. (X) Tennessee- DE- Jason Paul- Pierre - South Florida
- Paul- Pierre had one very successful season at South Florida but his lack of game experience could be an issue. However, he has all the physical tools to generate a pass rush.
18. Pittsburgh - G/T- Mike Iupati- Idaho
- Iupati is Pittsburgh’s kind of guy. He is big and physical and can help along the offensive line from day 1.
19. (X) Atlanta- CB- Patrick Robinson-Florida State
- Atlanta needs help in the secondary and Robinson will be battling Kyle Wilson to be the 2nd cornerback off the board. Robinson has a lot of speed and is a willing contributor in the run game.
20. (X) Houston- CB- Kyle Wilson- Boise State
- There are some questions surrounding Dunta Robinson and his pending free agency. Wilson had a very impressive week at the Senior Bowl and elevated his stock.
21. Cincinnati- WR- Arrelious Benn- Illinois
- Cincinnati needs a young play maker to add to its receiver core. Benn is going to have a good day at the combine and show that his lack of production was due to the inconsistent quarterback play at Illinois. Benn has added value in the return game and could replace Mr. Fumble (Caldwell) as the primary kick returner.
22. New England- LB- Sergio Kindle- Texas
- Kindle fills a need for the Patriots, as a pass rushing linebacker. Kindle has a chance to raise his stock if he has a good combine and impressive workouts.
23. Green Bay- OT- Brian Bulaga- Iowa
- Green Bay needs a lot of help at the tackle position and Bulaga can step right in and be a major upgrade. Aaron Rodgers is very pleased with this pick.
24. Philadelphia- DE- Carlos Dunlap- Florida
- Dunlap is a top 10 talent but his recent arrest on DUI charges dropped his stock. Some also question his drive and motors but he has all the talent to wreak havoc on opposing offenses.
25. Baltimore- TE- Jermaine Gresham- Oklahoma
- Baltimore needs to give Flacco as many weapons as possible. Gresham is coming off a major knee surgery but has a ton of potential.
26. Arizona- QB- Jimmy Clausen - Notre Dame
- Clausen really dropped in my latest mock draft. A lot of this has to do with the fact that nobody after Buffalo really needs a quarterback. There are some question marks about Clausen’s ability but he is worth the risk here for Arizona. Maybe Leinhart is the answer but if not they have a backup plan.
27. Dallas- S- Taylor Mays - USC
- Dallas needs help at safety and along the offensive line but it will be hard to pass up on the talent Mays. He has all the physical abilities but he needs to figure out the mental part of the game.
28. San Diego- RB- Jonathan Dwyer
- It’s almost a guarantee that LT is moving on and Darren Sproles cannot carry the load. Dwyer gives them a work horse back.
29. New York Jets- DE/OLB- Ricky Sapp- Clemson
- The Jets need someone that can do what Vernon Gholston couldn’t and Sapp has the potential to be that guy. Sapp is a gifted athlete and is capable of providing a consistent pass rush.
30. Minnesota- DT- Jared Odrick- Penn State
- Odrick elevated his stock at the Senior Bowl and Minnesota could need help on the defensive line w/ the possible retirement/suspension of Pat Williams.
31. Indianapolis- T- Charles Brown- USC
- The main focus of the Colts is to keep Peyton protected. While the offensive line was stable depth and talent is needed. Brown has the potential to become a very good left tackle.
32. New Orleans- LB- Navarro Bowman- PSU
- The Saints need some talent on the defensive side of the ball. Both starting outside linebackers are free agents and its possible for them to move on. Even if they return it would be hard to pass up on a talent like Bowman.
(X)- Position to be determined by coin flip