Who would have bet before the season that Kevin Harvick would be the Sprint Cup Series points leader co ming into Las Vegas?
That's the beauty of the unpredictable nature of racing, and it probably means trying to gamble on NASCAR in Vegas this weekend isn't a very good idea.
Of course, that won't stop people from doing it, which is how those shiny casinos got built. But if you're not heading out to the track, you can still follow all the action on this live blog throughout the weekend.
You can bet (bad pun intended) that we'll update it with driver interviews, practice reports and in-race commentary.
Keep checking back.
Schedule for the weekend (all times Pacific):
- Friday, noon – First Sprint Cup practice
- Friday, 3:40 p.m. – Sprint Cup qualifying
- Saturday, 10:40 a.m. – Sprint Cup practice
- Saturday, 11:45 a.m. – Final Sprint Cup practice (Happy Hour)
- Saturday, 1:30 p.m. – Nationwide Series race
- Sunday, noon (3 p.m. EST) – Shelby American Sprint Cup race (267 laps, 400.5 miles)