With all of the teams having clinched spots in the Western Conference and most of the teams in Eastern Conference doing the same, the final day of the season will determine who gets seeded where:
In the East
- If the New York Rangers beat the Philadelphia Flyers, they will take the 8th seed and the Flyers will miss the playoffs.
- If the Philadelphia Flyers beat the Rangers, they will take the 7th seed and the Rangers will miss the playoffs.
- If the Buffalo Sabres win in regulation over the New Jersey Devils, they will clinch the 2nd seed, a loss or overtime win gives them the 3rd seed.
- If the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Detroit Red Wings, they would clinch the 1st seed due to the first tiebreaker of most wins.
- If the Los Angeles Kings win and the Red Wings lose in regulation, they would clinch the 5th seed.
Eight games on the schedule for the final day of the regular season, so get the supplies ready and settle in.