Brad 'The Kez' Keselowski Get Hit With Fine and Point Loss But Keeps Win
Brad Keselowski celebrates winning the Aaron's 312 at Talladega Superspeedway, a win that gave him the points lead in the NASCAR Nationwide Series - Credit: Jason Smith/Getty Imagesvia nascar-assets.americaneagle.com
So, other than the terrible name, the Nationwide Series heads to Richmond for the Bubba Burger 250. Here are some quick things you need to know before qualitying starts:
- There are 45 teams entered into the event, so only 2 teams will be heading home Friday.
- It was announced that John Wes Townley's "timeout" (team suspension) will last another 7 races as Clint Bowyer will continue to run the Zaxby's 21 Chevy.
- You may also notice a familar name back on the entry list; Kelly Bires will drive the #10 Braun Racing Toyota this week. Bires hasn't been seen for the past two weeks after he was released by JR Motorsports. The #10 deal is only for one race right now, but should Bires turn a good lap, we could see him back with the team in a few weeks.
- With Braun Racing trying to break into cup racing, this could be a good fit for Bires.
- The #32 Toyota has made one of the two races it has attempted with Reed Sorenson behind the wheel, and Braun would like to run that team full time next season.
- It’s the first race for Matt Kenseth in the #16 Ford, and for Hermie Sadler in the #09 Ford while Gilliland and O’Quinn return this week for the Start and Park D’hondt Humphrey Racing.
- Brad Keselowski, winner of the Talladega race, has been fined $10,000 and 50 championship and owner points for unapproved shocks. His crew chief was also fined $10,000. Keso now only holds the point lead by 10 points over Kevin Harvick.
Entry list and more 'need to know' after The Jump!
Willie Allen *
Ricky Stenhouse Jr *
Hermie Sadler III
Harry Scott Jr
Matt Kenseth *
Hefty Odor Block
Brian Keselowski *
Redman Moist Snuff
Acredale Coffee Vending
Dollar General Stores
Long John Silver's
Jason Keller *
The Westerman Companies
Curtis Key Sr
Scott Lagasse Jr
Mark Green *
Kevin Lepage *
Josh Wise *
Ride to the Rock for Autism
South Point Casino
5 Hour Energy
Shelby Howard *
Mary Louise Miller
Derrike Cope *
Dale Earnhardt Jr
Morgan Shepherd *
Danny O'Quinn Jr *
David Gilliland *
Dennis Setzer *
Johnny Chapman *
*-Needs to qualify on time
Have you ever stayed up late and just watched infomercials? I have. If you have you may have seen a commercial for Ab Circle Pro. Well look at what is happening Rusty Wallace Inc;
When NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Brendan Gaughan takes to the track next month in Charlotte, both his car and his body will have a new look. Officials of Rusty Wallace Racing, LLC (RWR) and Fitness Brands, Inc. — the makers of Ab Circle Pro — announced today an agreement under which Ab Circle Pro will serve as primary sponsor of Gaughan and RWR’s No. 62 Toyota in the May 29th Nationwide Series event at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Additionally, Gaughan is embarking on a "total body makeover" utilizing the Ab Circle Pro System, the worldwide phenomenon consisting of three components: unique side-to-side movements with the Ab Circle Pro for carving the abs, complete workouts using the accompanying DVD and a nutritional guide to help promote weight loss.
"We are thrilled to have Brendan not only drive the Ab Circle Pro car, but commit personally to incorporating it into his fitness routine," said Fitness Brands Vice President, Michael Casey. "We know he will be excited about achieving his ultimate body."
The makers of the Ab Circle Pro already have enough confidence in Gaughan’s success that plans are in motion to produce a national television commercial featuring him.
"I’ve been an athlete since high school; I even played football and basketball in college at Georgetown University," Gaughan explained, "I’m looking forward to being back in that same premier shape with the Ab Circle Pro."
International Fitness Expert Jennifer Nicole Lee and other Ab Circle Pro celebrities will be in attendance at the Charlotte event, in support of their fellow Ab Circle Pro ambassador.
It's a weird sponsor, but not as weird as the ExtenZe Ford. You may remember last year the RWI cars, then Chevys, carried US Fidelus for a few races. The company went belly up, and they still owe good ol' Rusty a good chunk of change. I'm not saying that the same thing will happen again, but maybe Rusty should make like a streetwalker and get the money up front.
On last interesting thing to note; Kevin Harvick has won at Richmond 4 times, so this is his race to lose.
Hope you tune in to ESPN 2 Friday Night at 7pm eastern time to catch some Nationwide under the lights!