No surprise here, but Dale Earnhardt's famous "Pass in the Grass" (not actually a pass but a cool move nonetheless) has been named the top All-Star moment in a Sprint survey of National Motorsports Press Association members.â†µ
That 1987 race was notable for Earnhardt's incredible save, which he made after contact with Bill Elliott that put him in the frontstretch grass.
The complete list of top five All-Star races, according to the NMPA:â†µ
- Earnhardt's Pass in the Grass, 1987 â†µ
- Davey Allison edges Kyle Petty, 1992 â†µ
- Rusty Wallace spins Darrell Waltrip, 1989 â†µ
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s rookie season win, 2000 â†µ
- Jeff Gordon's third All-Star victory, 2001 â†µ