When NASCAR comes to Sonoma, some fans complain that road-course racing isn't interesting. But I disagree: If you think about it, road-course racing often has some of the best drama and excitement.
So relax and enjoy the weekend; don't whine about Wine Country. Keep checking back here for news, updates, analysis and a live race-day chat where you can compare notes with other fans.
In the meantime, here's the schedule for this weekend (all times Eastern):
- Friday, 3 p.m. – Sprint Cup practice (90 minutes)
- Friday, 6:35 p.m. – Sprint Cup qualifying
- Saturday, 12:30 p.m. – Sprint Cup practice (45 minutes)
- Saturday, 1:45 p.m. – Sprint Cup practice (65 minutes)
- Sunday, 3 p.m. – Sprint Cup race