Every day, SBNation.com will celebrate a random photo series from the past or present, making your morning a little more colorful.
We're going to keep this simple. The 10,000 word Lil Wayne opus will come later, but for now, and for every Friday until we run out Lil Wayne sports references, we'll use Photo of the Day to highlight five different sports references from Lil Wayne's endless catalog. Completely self-indulgent, yes, but what else are Fridays for?
Say it with me... BEST. RAPPER. ALIVE.
After the jump, this Friday's five...
1. "Fly like an eagle, but noooope, I'm not Donovan, boy you better go eat some soup with your mom and dem." -- Black Republican
2. "If you're mannin up, you better show me you're Payton, but you p****s ain't ballin, no Sonaa Lathan" -- Whip It (Did he mean Gary Payton? Or Peyton Manning? And who's Sonaa Lathan? ... Ohhhh. That's clever.)
3. "Servin this track like, Steffi Graf, or Roger Federer, there's no competitors" -- Sportscenter
4. "Servin these b****es like Lleyton Hewitt, and I'm right on the money like Peyton threw it" -- Looking at the Game
5. "In the club, like a grocery, I just bag a b****h, and you know I'm gonna score like Deion after picks" -- Back On My Grizzly
See, it's not just that Lil Wayne shouts out random sports stars. He talks like a sports fan. When Deion intercepted a pass, you pretty much knew he was going to score. When Lil Wayne bags a b***ch like a grocery... Well, you get the point. All photos via Getty Images. HAPPY FRIDAY.