Highlights from Day 4 of the 2010 U.S. Open:
• (2) Roger Federer def. Andreas Beck, 6-4, 6-4, 6-3.
Brace yourselves for a terrible shock: Roger Federer has rolled with ease over an outmatched opponent. I know!
• (1) Caroline Wozniacki def. Kai-Chen Chang, 6-0, 6-0.
• (3) Novak Djokovic def. Philipp Petzschner, 7-5, 6-3, 7-6.
Somebody get this guy a guitar and a Steve Miller Band catalog. Then just plant Brad Gilbert in front of him with a mic and watch the fireworks.
• (19) Mardy Fish def. Pablo Cuevas, 7-5, 6-0, 6-2.
Yes, Mardy Fish is having the most successful U.S. Open of any American in the men's bracket. Do not adjust your dial.
• James Blake def. Peter Polansky, 6-7, 6-3, 6-2, 6-4.
Blake is also having a nice time! Lookit that! We really, actually do hate that he's got to play Djokovic next.
• Richard Gasquet def. (6) Nikolay Davydenko, 6-3, 6-4, 6-2.
After a comfy first round, top seeds are beginning to drop, and this was one ugly drop.
• (5) Robin Söderling def. Taylor Dent, 6-2, 6-2, 6-4.
Robin Soderling needs a nickname, don't you think? Robin Grizzfellow?
• (4) Jelena Jankovic def. Mirjana Lucic, 6-3, 3-6, 6-2.
With the amount of time both ladies spent sniping at the refs, this may as well have been a five-set match.
• Kei Nishikori def. (11) Marin Cilic, 5-7, 7-6, 3-6, 7-6, 6-1.
After close to five hours in searing summer heat, one assumes Cilic was just happy to leave the court with his life, if not a win.
• (14) Maria Sharapova def. Iveta Benesova, 6-1, 6-2.
Sharapova continues to sail; hungry ad execs rejoice.
For more U.S. Open coverage, visit SB Nation's Daily Forehand.