The 2011 NFL Combine continues on in its final day on Tuesday with the defensive backs working out. This is a position group that's usually among the most athletic and the fastest so the 40-yard dash times and jumping drills are important here.
The first group of defensive backs have run the 40-yard dash and the early winner if Ohio State's Chimdi Chekwa who ran the 40 in 4.33 seconds. He was followed by Chris Culliver of South Carolina who ran it in 4.36 and then Nebraska's Prince Amukamara who clocked in at 4.37 seconds.
Perhaps the biggest notable out of that is Amukamara's time since he had heard some criticisms about his speed. Apparently, those criticisms aren't valid.
There will be more defensive backs running on Tuesday but for now here's the top 10 (times are unofficial):
1. Chimdi Chekwa, Ohio St. - 4.33
2. Chris Culliver, South Carolina - 4.36
3. Prince Amukamara, Nebraska - 4.37
4. Ras-I Dowling, Virginia - 4.40
5. Brandon Harris, Miami - 4.43
5. Davon House, New Mexico St. - 4.43
7. Cortez Allen, Citadel - 4.45
7. Chykie Brown, Texas - 4.45
9. Marcus Gilchrist, Clemson - 4.46
10. Dejon Gomes, Nebraska - 4.47