There are two essential Super Bowl food groups everyone universally loves: pizza and dips. We’ve taken the liberty of combining the two into one! And it’s creatively called Pizza Dip! So, why Pizza Dip at your Super Bowl XLV party instead of, you know, pizza? Well, pizza is boring. We all have it all the time. Pizza Dip is a FUN TWIST. And it’s cheaper. And it doesn’t take up valuable real estate on your food spread. To the recipe!
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 14oz jar of pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup green or ripe olives, chopped
- 5 ounces pepperoni, finely chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella or pizza blend cheese
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the softened cream cheese on the bottom of a baking pan. For a thicker dip, use a smaller pan. And vice versa for a thinner dip. Make sure the cream cheese is soft, otherwise this will become very frustrating.
3. Layer toppings over the cream cheese in the following order: pizza sauce, green onions, bellpepper, olives, pepperoni and cheese. You must do it in this order or risk certain death.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until bubbly and cheese is golden.
5. You can serve this with just about any vehicle that will get the dip from the pan to your mouth, but we prefer Frito Scoops, pita chips, or toasted french bread.