- Carolina Panthers - Andrew Luck (QB) Stanford
Previous Pick - Andrew Luck
Andrew Luck is arguably the best player in the draft and by selecting Luck, the Panthers will have a player to build their franchise around for the next ten years.
- Denver Broncos - Patrick Peterson (CB) LSU
Previous Pick - Marcell Dareus
Regardless of whether Champ Bailey returns or not, the Broncos need to seriously improve their defense. Peterson is the best defensive player in the draft, and a rare specimen at defensive back.
- Buffalo Bills - Nick Fairley (DT) - Auburn
Previous Pick - Nick Fairley
The Buffalo Bills have been absolutely terrible in run defense the past few years. The trend has not changed. They must improve their defensive front and find another play maker to play along side Kyle Williams.
- Cincinnati Bengals - Da'Quan Bowers (DE) - Clemson
Previous Pick - Da'Quan Bowers
Bowers is the top at the 4-3 DE position this year. Bengals need to improve their defense and get back to playing like they did in 2009. Carlos Dunlap had a great rookie season and Bowers will be a great partner in a new improved rushing attack.
- Arizona Cardinals - Cam Newton (QB) - Auburn
Previous Pick - Cam Newton
Last time i had Newton going to the Cardinals - fans were outraged. But the Cardinals offense has take an enormous step back with the departure of Kurt Warner and an absolutely rapid circulation at the QB position there after. Who plays QB for the Cardinals - that is their number one issue. Wisenhunt is the type of coach that can bring out Newton's potential.
- Cleveland Browns - AJ Green (WR) Georgia
Previous Pick - Julio Jones
Colt McCoy's leadership and maturity have given him the starting QB position for this exciting and young franchise. Green is the biggest offensive play maker in this draft and the Browns need a primary target for their franchise. Green is a special prospect.
- San Francisco 49ers - Blaine Gabbert (QB) - Missouri
Previous Pick - Ryan Mallet
I am convinced that Haurbaugh will be moving from Stanford to the 49ers by the end of the week. Haurbaugh would love a prospect like Gabbert to rebuild his franchise around. Gabbert has a lot to learn but has all the tools to be a franchise QB.
- Tennessee Titans - Robert Quinn (DE) - UNC
Previous Pick - Robert Quinn
The Titans have issues all over their defense. Start by solidifying their defensive line and adding Quinn to bring added pressure to Manning, Garrard, and Schaub. Quinn is a stud.
- Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara (CB) - Nebraska
Previous Pick - Prince Amukamara
I love the way the Cowboys are playing under Jason Garret. The Cowboys have serious issues in their secondary as we have seen throughout the season.
- Washington Redskins - Marcell Dareus (DT) - Alabama
Previous Pick - AJ Green
Redskins have a terrible defense. They can't stop the run. They can't stop the pass. They can't pressure the QB. So the Redskins select a stud DT prospect to bring pressure to the QB and stop the run.
- Houston Texans - Janoris Jenkins (CB) - Florida
Previous Pick - Stephan Paea
Texans also have serious issues all over the defensive side of the ball. They need to seriously improve their secondary and select Jenkins at cover corner.
- Minnesota Vikings - Ryan Mallet (QB) - Arkansas
Previous Pick - Jake Locker
I love Leslie Frazier. He is going to be a great coach. Now I was down to selecting between Locker and Mallet. I think Mallet is more NFL ready and perhaps will be a better fit for the Vikings style of offense.
- Detroit Lions - Brandon Harris (CB) - Miami
Previous Pick - Patrick Peterson
A young team doing all the right things. Secondary is biggest need.
- St. Louis Rams - Julio Jones (WR) - Alabama
Previous Pick - Justin Blackmon
A weapon for young Bradford
- Miami Dolphins - Mark Ingram (RB) - Alabama
Previous Pick - Mark Ingram
Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are done in Miami. A QB is possible with this pick....
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Justin Blackmon (WR) Oklahoma St.
Previous Pick - Janoris Jenkins
The Jaguars need a big time weapon to keep up with the other big time offenses in the AFC South. A CB is also a possibility here.
- New England Patriots - JJ Watt (DT) - Wisconsin
Previous Pick - Brandon Harris
Patriots solidify defensive line with popular prospect JJ Watt
- San Diego Chargers - Cameron Jordan (DE) - Cal
Previous Pick - Adrian Clayborn
Chargers defensive line has issues. WR is also possible here with the departure of Vincent Jackson.
- New York Giants - Akeem Ayers (LB) - Cal
Previous Pick - Von Miller
Perfect fit for giants zone scheme. OLB weakness for Giants
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Adrian Clayborn (DE) - Iowa
Previous Pick - Akeem Ayers
The Bucs continue to fortify their defensive line
- Seattle Seahawks - Jake Locker (QB) - Washington
Previous Pick - Ryan Kerrigan
Locker is a great value pick here and Pete Carrol is the perfect coach for Locker's development. Perfect fit.
- Kansas City Chiefs - Von Miller (OLB) - Texas A & M
Previous Pick - Bruce Carter
Vrabel is getting old and some depth is needed.
- Indianapolis Colts - Nate Solder (OT) - Colorado
Previous Pick - Derek Sherod
I hope Bill Polian does as much as possible for Peyton Manning this offseason. It starts with finding someone to better protect his blindside.
- Philadelphia Eagles - Stephan Paea (DT) - Oregon State
Previous Pick - Mike Pouncey
Paea is a stud DT and will help improve the Eagles defense. Pouncey is also a possibility here. Can't go wrong either way
- Green Bay Packers - Justin Houston (OLB) - Georgia
Previous Pick - Allen Bailey
Clay Matthews needs a running mate and Houston can help Capers further complicate their defensive schemes.
- New Orleans Saints - Gabe Carimi (OT) - Wisconsin
Previous Pick - Nate Solder
Added depth on the offensive line - depending on how Charles Brown looks as a future prospect. This pick is important for protecting Drew Brees and improving their running game.
- Chicago Bears - Anthony Costanza (OT) - BC
Previous Pick - Anthony Costanza
Protect Jay Cutler!!
- New York Jets - Cam Heyword (DT) - Ohio State
Previous Pick - Cam Jordan
A stout run stopper and help push the line in a division that needs to pressure Tom Brady
- Baltimore Ravens - Jimmy Smith (CB) - Colorado
Previous Pick - Jimmy Smith
Secondary has been torched several times this year. Needs improvement
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Mike Pouncey (G) - Florida
Previous Pick - Gabe Carimi
What a perfect pick for the Steelers to continue to build the interior of their offensive line. Unite the brothers together.
- Atlanta Falcons - Michael Floyd (WR) - Notre Dame
Previous Pick - Jonathan Baldwin
Who plays across from Roddy White?
- New England Patriots - Allen Bailey (DE) - Miami
Previous Pick - JJ Watt
That is two defensive lineman in the first round. The Patriots may not but Bill loves his defensive lineman in the first round.