On Thursday, former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi was captured and killed by rebel forces. As the folks at Sportsgrid noticed, the man credited with his capture, Mohammed al-Bibi, was wearing a Yankees hat.
Okay everyone, looks like we have some jokes coming through, so if everyone could please move to after the jump, that would be great. Thank you for your cooperation, and I'm sure we'll get through these jokes in no time.
- From hittin' taters to catching dictators, the Yankees can do it all!
- They may have lost the World Series, but clearly the Yankees aren't despot for fans.
- Another early playoff exit and the manager isn't fired? If you ask me, Joe Girardi really got off easy.
- So he's a Rebel... who's wearing a Yankees hat? Talk about an uncivil war!
- Whoever caught him is headed for Couperstown!
- Whew. That Gaddafi regime sure was militaristic. They must have had guys on first, second, and third... because there was a force at every base!
- This guy may not have solved all the world's problems, but he sure hit a triple. I wonder whether the fame will go to his head.
- The Yankees should probably keep their distance from this story. I hope they don't hold a press conference or anything. No need for oppressor.
- To all those still whining about parity: rant all you want, but the Yankees still have to pay a luxury tax.
- Don't give up, Yankees fans: the days of paying too much for aging stars is over, Lord willing.
- Muammar Gaddafi.