NBA Lockout Talks Break Off As Owners, Players Fail To Reach Agreement On Revenue Split

NBA lockout talks broke off for the third time in three weeks on Thursday as federal mediator George Cohen apparently could not get officials from the league and players' union to make major concessions on the key hurdles holding up the 2010-11 season. Yahoo!'s Adrian Wojnarowski was the first to report that talks had broken off after 7 p.m. on Thursday with no further meetings scheduled.

Woj also reported that a failure to reach an agreement on a revenue split is what did the latest talks in. Before Cohen got the groups together on Tuesday, each side wanted 53 percent of revenue in a new deal, with the other side taking 47 percent. (Players had received 57 percent of revenue in the recently expired deal.) The league had reportedly moved to a 50-50 offer by the end of Wednesday's session, but apparently the union would not meet them there.

The first two weeks of the regular season -- some 100 games -- had already been cancelled by NBA commissioner David Stern. More cancellations are expected.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join SBNation.com

You must be a member of SBNation.com to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at SBNation.com. You should read them.

Join SBNation.com

You must be a member of SBNation.com to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at SBNation.com. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.