1. Miami Dolphins Andrew Luck QB
No explanation needed.
2. Indianapolis Colts Alshon Jeffrey WR
I would have gone for Kalil here but since the Peyton era started the Colts have drafted only one lineman in the first two rounds prior to the 2011 draft. Will they spend another high pick for their line? History isn't on our side though and with Reggie Wayne likely leaving a stud WR can help a lot.
3. St. Louis Rams Justin Blackmon WR
Sam Bradford needed a stud go to guy since last year's draft and could use one now. Blackmon is a straight up beast as he even made Pricne Amukamara struggle covering him.
4. Arizona Cardinals Matt Kalil OT
Their newly acquired QB who was supposedly worth at the least a top 5 draft pick is doing a decent job at best. But that's largely due to the Cards letting up the 5th most sacks in the league. Kalil is the best OL prospect this year. Matches need and BPA.
5. Denver Broncos Landry Jones QB
If the Broncos get this pick then they will probably need to invest in another QB. Jones is this year's top QB prospect IMO. I don't hate Tebow but it looks unlikely he can be a serviceable QB. I'd give him one more year to show improvement but in this spot there ain't anyone can that fill Denver's big needs. They should trade down but trades are impossible to mock.
6. Jacksonville Jaguars Jonathon Martin OT
Well Blackmon and Jeffrey are gone and again there's no good defensive line prospects to be considered here. Their oline has been struggling and Martin looks like he can be a franchise player on the offensive line.
7. Seattle Seahawks Matt Barkley QB
The Seahawks desperately need their QB of the future.
8. Minnesota Vikings David DeCastro OG
The Vikings need line help from anywhere. Ponder won't be alive for long if they don't invest some picks into the line. Martin and Kalil are gone so it's down to Reiff or DeCastro. DeCastro has great size but with elite footwork. He's a great run blocker and ain't a slouch at pass protection. He has the potential to be like the dominant RG Chris Snee is for the Giants
9. Carolina Panthers Vontaze Burifict ILB
The Panthers' biggest need is DT and it's still too early for a DT. LB is also a need and Burifict has massive potential.
10. Washington Redskins Robert Griffin QB
The Redskins get their hopeful franchise QB for years and years.
11. Cleveland Browns Riley Reiff OT
Peyton Hillis is suffering from Maddencoveritis. The medicine is a new body on their offensive line.
12. Tennessee Titans Peter Konz C
Well CJ2K is screwing my fantasy team over and fault can be attributed to him but fault needs to be put that the Titans' line. Konz is the highest ranked center and will give CJ some holes to run through.
BPA here. Benson ain't doing too hot either. Richardson will be a beast and this is a steal for the Bengals.
14. Kansas City Chiefs Manti Te'o ILB
Te'o is BPA and would give the Chiefs a very scary LB corps.
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Dre Kirkpatrick CB
Tampa is 26th in the league in defensive passing yards per game. the top CB in the draft can help them out greatly.
16. Dallas Cowboys Morris Calibourne CB
Their secondary is pretty thin and old. They tried going for Nnamdi but it didn't work out so they get their CB here.
17. New York Jets Michael Floyd WR
Sanchez needs all the help he can possibly get. One more weapon with Holmes and Keller on the team can make the team's offense respectable in the league.
18. Cincinnati Bengals Cordy Glenn OG
Bengals get a shiny new RB and a new guard to open some holes. Hooray for them.
19. Chicago Bears Brandon Thompson DT
Cutler is taking less abuse in recent weeks so they go and get some young blood for their defensive line.
20. Philadelphia Eagles Luke Kuechly MLB
If Andy Reid wants to stay the Eagles coach, they need to get a good LB somewhere.
21. Cleveland Browns (via Falcons) Quinton Coples DE
The Browns need to beef up both of their lines in this draft so they get the highest ranked defensive end.
22. San Diego Chargers Zach Brown OLB
The injury to Larry English brings a lack of depth and talent at OLB for the Chargers. This draft is loaded with talented OLB's and at this point it looks like a steal for the Chargers.
23. New York Giants Lamar Miller RB
24. Houston Texans Dont'a Hightower ILB
A LB isn't a pressing need for the Texans but they won't pass on the value of Hightower here.
25. Buffalo Bills Courtney Upshaw OLB
Everyone says the Patriots need a pass rusher to win the AFC East but in this season the Bills actually have one less sack than the Patriots. With a hole at LB this is a perfect fit for the Bills.
26. San Francisco 49ers Alfonzo Dennard CB
The 49ers don't have much depth here and if Carlos Rogers leaves they could be trouble so they get Dennard.
27. Detroit Lions Michael Brewster C
Somehow the Lions are 27th in the league in rushing yards. They have Best and will get back LeShoure so what they can do is improve their interior line. Brewster can replace Raiola and the Lions can rejoice.
28. New England Patriots Brandon Jenkins OLB
They finally get someone to generate pressure on the opposing QB. Unfortunately for the rest of us.
29. Baltimore Ravens Barrett Jones OT
The blind side isn't a strength for the Ravens anymore. Oher is at RT and Bryant McKinnie is old. Jones has the potential to be the Ravens new blind side protector for years to come.
30. New England Patriots (via Saints) T.J. McDonald S
No chance NE keeps both first round picks but I don't feel like mocking trades yet. So for now they take the best safety on the board.
31. Pittsburgh Steelers Kelechi Osemele OT/G
Osemele converted to a LT after playing guard and has impressed. His versatility can really help a Steelers line that is struggling a bit.
31. Green Bay Packers Jared Crick DE
The Packers have one good starter in Ryan Pickett but he's 32. BJ Raji can't play every snap so they'll get Crick to add to their rotation.