We are down to just two drivers still in the hunt for the 2011 Nationwide Championship and both are seeking their first one ever. At lot has been made about Phoenix being a wild card in both the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series due to a repaving of the track.
Roush Fenway's Ricky Stenhouse, who is not guaranteed a ride as of yet for 2012, and KHI's Elliott Sadler, who will become a Richard Childress driver in 2012, have really made a huge leap forward for the Nationwide Series. While we still see about 85% of the races being won by Cup drivers, the Nationwide Series has begun to separate itself from the Sprint Cup Series with a Nationwide Only Champion. The Camping World Series has not had to worry about this as much as the Nationwide Series has. There is still more to be done, but having Stenhouse or Sadler win the Championship will be a great thing for the Nationwide Series going forward.
Entry List and Notes after the JUMP!
|1||01||Mike Wallace||I Hate Steven Singer||11 Chevy||Lori Davis|
|2||2||Elliott Sadler||OneMain Financial||11 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|3||02||Daryl Harr *||WestWorld Computers||11 Chevy||Carl Harr|
|4||04||Tim Andrews *||Go Green Racing||11 Ford||Archie St Hilaire|
|5||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||Roush Fenway Racing||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|6||7||Danica Patrick||GoDaddy.com||11 Chevy||Kelley Earnhardt|
|7||09||Kenny Wallace||TBD||11 Toyota||Robby Benton|
|8||11||Brian Scott||Shore Lodge||11 Toyota||J D Gibbs|
|9||12||Sam Hornish Jr *||Alliance Truck Parts||11 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|10||13||Jennifer Jo Cobb *||Lerner and Rowe||11 Dodge||Jennifer Jo Cobb|
|11||14||Eric McClure||Hefty Black Out / Reynolds||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|12||15||Timmy Hill||Poynt/Lilly Trucking||11 Ford||Bob Germain|
|13||16||Trevor Bayne *||Roush Fenway Racing||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|14||18||Joey Logano(i)||GameStop||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|15||19||Mike Bliss||Millennium Salon||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|16||20||Ryan Truex *||Martin Truex, Jr. Foundation||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|17||22||Brad Keselowski(i)||Discount Tire||11 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|18||23||Robert Richardson Jr||N TX Pipe||11 Chevy||Robert Richardson Sr|
|19||28||Derrike Cope||Maxelence||11 Dodge||Jay Robinson|
|20||30||James Buescher(i)||Exide||11 Chevy||Harry Scott Jr|
|21||31||Justin Allgaier||Brandt||11 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|22||32||Ron Hornaday Jr(i)||Dollar General||11 Chevy||Sandra Turner|
|23||33||Clint Bowyer(i)||Rheem Heating||11 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|24||34||Ricky Carmichael(i) *||Monster Energy||11 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|25||38||Jason Leffler||Great Clips||11 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|26||39||Matt Frahm||Go Green Racing||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|27||40||Josh Wise||Curtis Key Plumbing||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|28||41||Johnny Chapman *||Rick Ware Racing||11 Chevy||Rick Ware|
|29||42||Erik Darnell(i) *||Curtis Key Plumbing||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|30||44||Jeff Green (PC) *||TBA||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|31||46||Chase Miller *||Curtis Key Plumbing||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|32||47||Scott Speed *||Curtis Key Plumbing||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|33||48||Dennis Setzer *||Acredale Vending||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|34||49||Mark Green *||Acredale Vending||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|35||51||Jeremy Clements||Clements Racing Engines||10 Chevy||Johnny Davis|
|36||52||Kevin Lepage||TBA||11 Chevy||Jimmy Means|
|37||60||Carl Edwards(i)||World Financial Group||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|38||62||Michael Annett||Pilot-Flying J||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|39||66||Steve Wallace||5 Hour Energy||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|40||70||David Stremme(i)||Foretravel||11 Chevy||Mary Louise Miller|
|41||71||Matthew Carter *||Rick Ware Racing||11 Chevy||Rick Ware|
|42||75||Carl Long *||Rick Ware Racing||11 Ford||Rick Ware|
|43||80||D J Kennington *||Northern Provincial Pipelines||11 Dodge||Jenifer MacDonald|
|44||81||Blake Koch||DAYSTAR.com||11 Dodge||Pat MacDonald|
|45||82||Reed Sorenson *||Foametix/Bullet Liner||11 Dodge||Randy MacDonald|
|46||87||Joe Nemechek||AM/FM Energy||11 Toyota||Andrea Nemechek|
|47||88||Aric Almirola||Suave MEN||11 Chevy||Dale Earnhardt Jr|
|48||89||Morgan Shepherd||Victory in Jesus Racing||11 Chevy||Morgan Shepherd|
|*- Must Qualify on Time|
|(i)- Not Running for Title|
There are 48 teams entered this week.
Just a few notes:
- #7- Danica Patrick is now a full time Nationwide Driver. I had my doubts about Patrick being truly committed to running in Nascar until now. It's going to be an exciting 2012 Season.
- #18- Joey Logano is in the #18 team this week, since we do not know if this was planned or a result of Kyle Busch ruining his 2011 season we will just assume that Logano was scheduled to be in the car this week.
- #20- Ryan Truex may be seeing his last shot at a Full Time ride here. With the uncertainty at Michael Waltrip Racing, it would appear that no team has him in there future plans.
- #32- Ron Hornaday's consultation prize of a ruined Camping World Title Run is apparently a one off run this week with Turner Motorsports.
- #34- Ricky Carmichael will run a fifth Turner Motorsports Chevy this week. It's looking more and more that Turner will have a complete turnover of drivers with the exception of Justin Allgaier.
- #80- 2011 NASCAR Canadian Series Champion, D J Kennington will drive a third MacDonald Motorsports team this week. MacDonald may try to expand out to two teams next year, and Sorenson, Kennington, Blake Koch and Donnie Neuenberger may be front runners for full time action with MacDonald next season.
Join us this Saturday for the second to last race of the 2011 Season. Tune into ESPN 2 at 3pm eastern for the live running of the WYPALL 200 from Phoenix! Enjoy!