That two-game losing streak that the Boston Bruins went through last week? A minor hiccup.
Without Zdeno Chara, the Bruins' domination of the Eastern Conference continued Wednesday in a 5-2 win over the Ottawa Senators.
- The Bruins, who started the season 3-7-0, are 17-2-1 since November 1.
- Boston is 4-0-0 when allowing 40 or more shots in a game, including back-to-back nights. Tuukka Rask made 41 saves in a 3-0 shutout of the Los Angeles Kings Tuesday, while Tim Thomas made 47 saves.
- Without Chara, the Bruins are 6-5-3 since 2006.
- The Bruins have defeated the Senators six straight times and won their seventh in a row in Ottawa, where they haven't lost since April 2009.
- Boston has won its last eight games by scoring three or more goals and have allowed three or more in just three of those games.
The win ties the Bruins with the Philadelphia Flyers for the best record in the East. Minus that one hiccup, there is no sign of a Stanley Cup hangover.