First post here, so figured let's try out a Mock Draft. I'm using WalterFootball Draft Order as mine, if anything is wrong please let me know, and be as harsh as possible!
1. Indianapolis Colts: QB Andrew Luck Stanford 6'4 235lbs
Interesting pick here, and should be the talk of the draft. Will they take Luck? Will they trade Manning? Will they let Luck sit? Will they trade out of the pick? Lots of options, and i'm glad i am not the one who has to make the decision.
2. St. Louis Rams: Matt Kalil OT USC 6'6 295lbs
Tough pick here. Sam Bradford needs protection, Jason Smith has been a bust, but a Justin Blackmon would be nice. Not sure if Brandon Lloyd is the answer there, but you need to protect your QB first. Kalil's brother plays center for the Panthers and is a pretty damn good one, so the genes are there.
3. Minnesota Vikings: Morris Claiborne CB LSU 6'0 185lbs
Might be a little early for him, but the Vikings secondary is terrible. Winfield seems to be always hurt, and isnt getting any younger. In a division that has Aaron Rodgers and his endless amount of weapons, Stafford and Megatron, and cutler a strong secondary is needed.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Justin Blackmon WR OK State 6'1 215lbs
Jags have to go WR here. They have by far the worst WR corp in the league. Rookie QB Gabbert needs a reliable target, the question is whether the Jaguars brass likes Blackmon or Jeffrey more. As of today i think Blackmon will go before Jeffrey, but Jags can't go wrong with either player, thats how desperate they are.
5. Carolina Panthers: Alshon Jeffrey WR, Southern Carolina 6'4 229
Tough pick for me here, the next players who should go are either QB's or OT's so either Carolina trades out or takes BPA on their board. I think giving Cam another weapon would be huge. Steve Smith won't be around forever and outside of him the Panthers don't have any other viable WR options. Dre Kirkpatrick is also an option here, i just think it's a little too early for him here.
6. Miami Dolphins: Robert Griffin III QB Baylor 6'2 220lbs
Miami finally gets their QB of the future here. I expect a totally new GM and Head Coach so its up to them who they like more between Barkley and RG3. RG3's upside and Cam Newtons success may give RG3 a slight edge over Barkley here.
7. Washington Redskins: QB Matt Barkley USC 6'2 220lbs
I think Barkley would fit perfectly in a Mike Shanahan offense. They will be doing back flips if this guy is available still, instant upgrade over sexy rexy and john beck.
8. Arizona Cardinals: Riley Reiff OT Iowa 6'6 300lbs
Would be an instant upgrade over Jeremy Bridges and former 1st round bust Levi Brown. Cardinals could go multiple directions here i think, but an OT has to be atop their list.
9. Philadelphia Eagles: Manti Te'o MLB Notre Dame
Eagles need LBing help big time. Manti Te'o is a helluva player. Would instantly step in as a starter. Zach Brown could be in play here too.
10. Kansas City Chiefs: Jonathan Martin OT Stanford 6'6 305lbs
11. Cleveland Browns: Trent Richardson RB Bama 5'11 224lbs
The browns get a helluva player here. Peyton Hillis will walk after a horrendous season(Madden Curse?). Richardson is one of the best players in the draft, and will instantly help out whoever is QBing that offense that season
12. Seattle Seahawks: Dre Kirtpatrick CB Bama 6'2 192lbs
you never know what to expect when seattle drafts, but i could see them addressing the CB position. Marcus Trufant isnt getting any younger, and after him there isnt anyone. Solid pick-up for them
13. San Diego Chargers: Courtney Upshaw DE/OLB Alabama 6'2 263lbs
The chargers pass rush has been terrible. Larry English has been a bust, Travis Laboy has been serviceable, but i expect them to try to get themselves an elite pass-rusher
14. Buffalo Bills: David DeCastro G Stanford 6'5 312lbs
The Bills O-Line isnt that great, a mauler like DeCastro would be a nice addition to that OL.
15. Tampa Bay Bucs: Alfonzo Denard CB Nebraska 5'11 205lbs
This is an extremely popular pick in mock draft land, but not one I’ve made for the Buccaneers often. But just based on the way the board fell I’m going to give the Buccaneers Dennard.
16. Tennessee Titans: Peter Konz C Nebraska 6'5 315lbs
The titans interior OL has been over-matched as of late. Konz could step in at C over Amano or in one of the G spots.
17. New York Jets. Quinton Coples DE UNC 6'6 285lbs
Rex missed out on upshaw, so i could see him addressing the D-Line again. They have Wilkerson and Devito at the ends. Rex could use Coples at DE or even LB on some passing downs.
18. New York Giants: Luke Kuechly LB Boston College
Giants have one of the worst LBer's in the league. Kuechly would step in as the starter day 1 and would be with former teammate Herzlich.
19. Denver Broncos: Zach Brown OLB UNC 6'2 230lbs
The Broncos D has been great, Von Miller is turning into a stud at OLB. The Broncos currently have DJ at Weakside backer, but if the Broncos have a chance at Brown who could step right in and start, this would move DJ back to Mike where he's played giving the Denver D one of the best LB corps in the entire league
20. Detroit Lions: Vontaze Burfict ILB Arizona St 6'3 245lbs
I'm sure the Lions could go another direction here, but just imagine the D of Suh, Fairley and Burfict. Burfict would fit right in with the detroit defensive mentality.
21. Cleveland Browns(Via Atlanta): Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M 6'4 220lbs
Colt McCoy doesnt seem to be the answer, so i think the coaching staff may go after their guy. I'm not a huge fan of Landry Jones, and i think at the end of the day Tannehill will be a better prospect than Jones.
22. Cincinnati Bengals: Janoris Jenkins CB Northern Alabama 5'11 186lbs
Nate Clements is old and average. Bengals arent shy about taking on some character risks, Jenkins is a top 10 talent and is a bargain at this spot
23. Chicago Bears: Dwight Jones WR North Carolina 6'4 220lbs
Chicago gets themselves and Jay Cutler a big speedy WR they have been desperately needing for awhile.
24. Houston Texans: Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame 6'3 228lbs
Outside Andre Johnson, the texans don't have the best receivers in the world. Pair big Michael Floyd with Andre Johnson and that offense becomes even more dangerous.
25. Cincinnati Bengals(Via Oakland): Lamar Miller RB Miami 5'11 215lbs
They have Dalton and AJ Green, all they're missing is a runner. Cedric Benson is nearing 30 and hasnt been great this season, Lamar Miller would be an instant upgrade.
26. Dallas Cowboys: DE/DT Devon Still Penn State 6'5 312lbs
Dallas is hurting at the DE position. They had a chance at JJ Watt last season, and i don't Jerry Jones will pass-up the opportunity to get stills who's having a great season for Penn State.
27. Baltimore Ravens: Dont'a Hightower ILB Bama 6'4 258lbs
Raven fans hate to hear it, but Ray Lewis won't be around forever. Hightower would come in and start alongside Lewis and eventually replace the Hall Of Famer in a few years
28. San Francisco 49er's: Alameda Ta'amu DT Washington 6'3 330lbs
Issac Sopoaga has been serviceable this year, but i think a young big man would be a nice addition to this already dominant 49ers D
29. New England Patriots: Mark Barron S Alabama 6'2 215lbs
The Patriots current starter at Strong Safety is James Ihedigbo. Mark Barron would step right in as the starter and add some nasty to that patriots secondary.
30. New England Patriots: Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB Illinois 6'4 265lbs
Mercilus is a perfect fit for the Patriots, he can play 4-3 DE when they're in that, and also can shift to 3-4 OLB and rush the passer when needed. Would fill 2 holes at once.
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Dontari Poe NT 6'5 350lbs Memphis
Thats one big man. Casey Hampton is nearing the end, and Poe could take over for him in a few years. A D-Line of Heyward, Poe and Ziggy would be nasty for many years to come.
32. Green Bay Packers: Jerel Worthy DT/DE Michigan St 6'3 305lbs
Pickett hasnt been great, Wynn is a backup, so a 5 Tech 3-4 end is a need. Worthy would step right in as a starter for the Defending champs