I was going to wait until after next week to post this mock, but I guess I might as well start hearing criticism. I've been sitting on this all week, but I didn't want all my trades to get erased by Week 17 play.
Washington Redskins (STL): Andrew Luck | QB | Stanford-I think the 1st pick will be traded regardless of who gets it. The Rams can’t afford and have too many other holes to take Luck and and give up on Bradford, while the situation in Indy is not conducive to Luck have a horseshoe on his helmet.
2) Indianapolis Colts: Matt Kalil | OT | USC-Will the Colts trade out of here? I doubt they’ll find the offers don’t match the value of Kalil. Any teams who lost out on Luck will likely be too disillusioned to put together another large offer for RGIII
3) Minnesota Vikings: Morris Claiborne | CB | LSU-Stud and a position need. No brainer here unless they get a call for a trade.
Miami Dolphins (JAX): Robert Griffin III | QB | Baylor-Quality play from Matt Moore actually helps this pick as they can wait for RGIII to come along. This team could really take off with an electrifying player like Griffin.
5) Cleveland Browns: Justin Blackmon | WR | Oklahoma State-Last of the real “elite” talent in the draft, unless you count DeCastro.
6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Zach Brown | OLB | UNC-Von Miller has shown that even 43 OLBs can be worth Top picks in the draft.
7) St. Louis Rams (WAS) : Jonathon Martin | OT | Stanford-They missed out on Kalil, but Martin is a very nice consolation prize along with the extra picks.
8) Jacksonville Jaguars (MIA)>Trade to Arizona for 2012 1st and 2nd
Arizona Cardinals (JAX): Riley Reiff | OT | Iowa-Regardless of who their QB, more protection is necessary.
9) Buffalo Bills: Courtney Upshaw | OLB | Alabama-Another SEC player for this defense.
10) Carolina Panthers: Quentin Coples | DE/DT | UNC-The Panthers look to strike fire on another behemoth Tarheel defensive linemae who may be better suited to shift inside.
11) Kansas City Chiefs: David DeCastro | OG | Stanford-A very high pick for a guard, but with all of the best tackle prospects gone and the fact that DeCastro looks like a can’t miss prospect, he could be the pick here.
12) Philadelphia Eagles: Luke Kuechly | MLB | BC-He benefits from Te’o’s decision to stay in school and looks to solidify Philly’s D
Cincinnati Bengals ( TENvOAK): Trent Richardson | RB | Alabama-A strong run game will be key to the Bengals success and taking a player like Richardson before Benson’s career wanes will ensure continued good play.
14) San Diego Chargers: Nick Perry | OLB | USC-Not too far to travel for the former Trojan
15) Seattle Seahawks>Trade to St. Louis Rams for two 2012 2nd and 2013 2nd
St. Louis Rams (SEA): Michael Floyd | WR | Notre Dame-They swoop in to take a second marquee offensive player in the first round.
16) Jacksonville Jaguars (ARI): Alson Jeffery | WR | South Carolina-After adding two extra second round picks the Jaguars look to add a big bodied pass catcher for Blaine Gabbert
17) Chicago Bears: Devon Still | DT | Penn State-Good value and a need here.
18) Dallas Cowboys: Dre Kirkpatrick | CB | Alabama-It’s between Jenkins or Kirkpatrick for Dallas
19) Tennessee Titans: Mark Barron | SS | Alabama-The other player from Alabama’s secondary is a good fit here.
21) New York Giants: Lamar Miller | RB | Miami-Not the most valued position, but may be the best player on the board and game changing ability.
22) Denver Broncos: Alameda Ta’amu | DT | Washington-An explosive, big DT for the middle of Denver’s D.
23) Cleveland Browns (ATL): David Wilson | RB | Virginia Tech-I don’t think the Hillis situation is going to end well so they bring in some more legs to run the rock.
24) Houston Texans: Dwight Jones | WR | UNC-Good value and a good pick for the Texans.
25) Detroit Lions: Cordy Glenn | OG | Georgia-More protection for Stafford.
26) Pittsburg Steelers Brandon Jenkins | OLB | Florida State-Time to start grooming the changing of the guard.
27) New England Patriots (NO): Whitney Mercilus | DE/OLB | Illinois-This defense needs help.
28) New England Patriots: T.J. McDonald | FS | USC-See above
29) Cincinnati Bengals: Janoris Jenkins | CB | Northern Alabama-The red flags didn’t scare them away from Dunlap and he’s played well for them thus far.
30) San Francisco 49ers: Chase Minnifield | CB | Virginia-Another corner for an impressive defense.