There are too many stories from 2011 to count. Matt Holliday had a moth stuck in his ear. Manny Ramirez took lady-part drugs and then retired because of it. There was ... well ... actually, I think that's about it. That's probably everything.
Wait, no. It's a good thing there are other people around to help out with this sort of stuff, like Joe Lemire of SI.com, who gives us the biggest baseball stories of 2011. His list, in order:
- Cardinals win the World Series/Pujols leaves
- Last day of the regular season (Cards/Braves/Rays/Red Sox)
- Game 6
- New collective bargaining agreement
- Another year of the pitcher
- New divisional/spending powers
- Ryan Braun's failed drug test
- Red Sox managerial/front office overhaul
- Mets/Dodgers financial problems
- Yankees milestones
I'd probably find a place for the Wilson Ramos abduction on my own personal list, and I'd also figure that Buster Posey's injury and subsequent reaction might make it. But a) I'm biased, and b) I remembered it was news because of all the veladoras that I light every morning in front of a picture of Posey.