One of the best ways for me to remember Dale is to look at what I've written about him over the last few years.
Here are what I think are the ten best articles I've written about Dale leading up to today. and if you include what I wrote today about the changes in NASCAR since Dale's death then you're looking at 11 of my favorite articles.
Top 10 Articles about Dale Earnhardt as written by me:
- "The day Dale Earnhardt died was the day that NASCAR died (or at least the NASCAR I knew)" - The death of Dale changed the face of NASCAR forever
- "What happened during "The Day: Remembering Dale Earnhardt" - I think my son gets it now" - Why my son is not named Dale
- "Dale Jr wins the NASCAR Nationwide race at Daytona driving the #3 car" - My recount of how Dale Jr brought some good memories back for old Dale Sr fans like me
- "Who is Your Favorite Driver?" - Why Dale is mine.
- "Great Finishes" - 1991 Daytona 500, Ugh!
- "Dale Earnhardt's Top 10 Races" - O.K., I went past 10 and still missed one great race.
- "The Moment" - when I became a hard core Dale Earnhardt fan, complete with video.
- "Trash Talking and Responsibility" - one of my most favorite stories about Dale and how he tried to psych-out a very young (and in second place) Mark Martin before the final race in the 1990 season
- "Gordon vs Earnhardt: The Debate Continues - Dale wins!
- "The 3 Factor: What's In a Number Anyway?" - How the number three keeps turning up in odd ways
And don't forget to read what other contributors at NASCAR RnR had to say about Dale as well.
I hope you enjoy reading these articles. Let me know what you think. Thanks.