You can call what is to follow foolish or crazy because you don't like it but this is the nature of the draft. Some teams draft intelligently while others keep you scratching your head. I decided to go the unconventional route, not too far out there but enough to break up the monotony of most mocks. I included a few trades to add to the intrigue of what could be. Here we go:
1) Carolina- Patrick Peterson CB: Best Player Available. Upgrades their defense and ST tremendously.
2) Denver- Da'Quan Bowers DE: In serious need of a pass rusher across from Elvis Dumervil. Insurance for Dumervil coming off of season ending pectoral surgery.
3) Buffalo- A. J. Green WR: Buffalo shocks em' with this one. Lee Evans gets a legit tag team partner. No help for the defense though.
4) Cincinnati- Nick Farley DT: In need of an interior lineman, Cincy gets argueably the best one.
5) Arizona- Tyron Smith OT: Too soon huh? Check GM Rod Graves' track record... After your done check Arizona's OL situation... Its a reach but somebodies got to do it! He is ultra athletic and would be considered worthy if he were 305lbs.
6) Cleveland- Robert Quinn DE: Could have gone Marcel Dareus but pass rusher took precedent.
7) San Francisco- Von Miller OLB: BPA fills a huge need.
8) Tennessee- Blaine Gabbert QB: Intangibles set him apart from the rest.
9) New England- Prince Amukamara CB: Trade! The Pat trade the 17th pick along with their 2nd 2nd round pick to the Cowboys. They get a great compliment to Devin McCourty. The secondary is full of young talented players now.
10) Washington- Julio Jones WR: QB or DL were heavily considered but Jones was BPA at this point.
11) Houston- Marcel Dareus DL: Fits Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense better than any other DL they have.
12) Minnesota- Stephen Paea DT: Replaces Pat Williams. He and Kevin Williams keep up the strong run D that Minny is known for.
13) Detroit- Nate Solder OT: Jeff Backus is wished off to the cornfield while they now attempt to salvage Matt Stafford's career.
14) St. Louis- Aldon Smith DE: Needs time to mature and learn. James Hall becomes the mentor.
15) Tampa Bay- Ryan Kerrigan DE: Trade up with Miami for the services of a true 4-3 DE. His motor is very impressive and is in the mold of a Jared Allen.
16) Jacksonville- J. J. Watt DE: In dire need of a complete DE the Jags finally get one here.
17) Dallas- Jimmy Smith CB: Terrence Newman isn't a spring chicken and Michael Jenkins regressed big time.
18) Philadelphia- Akeem Ayers OLB: Trade up with San Diego for much needed LB help.
19) Pittsburgh- Anthony Costanzo OT: Trade with Giants giving up their 32nd and 64th picks. Finally deciding to protect Big Ben with a solid football player and human being.
20) Miami- Mark Ingram RB: The need matches the value. BPA and very solid pick.
21) Kansas City- Torrey Smith WR: Big time talent to help out Dwayne Bowe. Top STer as well.
22) Indianapolis- Gabe Carimi OT: Big athlete helps extend Peyton's career. Will start out as a LT.
23) San Diego- Marcus Cannon OT: Chargers reach a bit but solve their RT, run blocking issue.
24) New Orleans- Cameron Jordan DL: A little late for him I know but not everybody gets drafted where projected.
25) Seattle- Cam Newton QB: Falls because of circus atmosphere surrounding him. Will sit and learn for a year or two.
26) Baltimore: Brandon Harris CB: One of their main areas of concern is addressed here.
27) Atlanta- Stefen Wisniewski C: Todd McClure is getting up there and his replacement is found.
28) New England- Jonathan Baldwin WR: This pick has a lot to do with the Jets. The Pats really couldn't challenge the outside so they relied on their TE's and slot WR's. They can attack on the outside with confidence now.
29) Chicago- Corey Liuget DT: Tommie Harris' days are numbered with this addition.
30) New York Jets- Dontay Moch OLB: Smallish by Jets OLB standards but the athleticism is second to none.
32) New York Giants: Mike Pouncey OG: Provides versatility along the interior of the OL. Hope is that he takes over the C position sooner rather than later.