1 Round Mock Draft. Enjoy!
1. Carolina Panthers- Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri_ I’ll admit that I was a huge Jimmy Clausen believer last year, but it looks like he’ll be nothing more than a solid back up. So that being said, Ron Rivera drafts the future face of the franchise to compete with the other great QB’s in the division.
2. Denver Broncos- Marcell Dareus DT Alabama_ The Broncos can really use Dareus in the middle of their new 4-3 defense. Dareus is a disruptive force on the line that they can build around.
3. Buffalo Bills- Cam Newton QB Auburn_ I personally believe that Newton should be a mid 1st to early 2nd round pick, but it appears that Chan Gailey really likes Newton so that is why this is the pick. The good thing about this pick is that he doesn’t need to come in right away and start, he can sit and learn behind Ryan Fitzpatrick.
4. Cincinnati Bengals- AJ Green WR Georgia_ With both QB’s gone, I believe the Bengals go for the best WR in the draft. Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens are most likely done in Cincinnati, so AJ would be the best pick they can make.
5. Arizona Cardinals- Von Miller OLB Texas A&M_ Again, with both QB’s gone, Arizona will pick the best pass rusher in the draft. I believe Miller is the 2nd best player in the draft, but falls due to team needs.
6. Cleveland Browns- Robert Quinn DE North Carolina_ With the Browns switching to a 4-3, they need a DE badly. Quinn is the best DE in the draft, in my opinion. Julio Jones is a possibility here, but Mike Holmgren said that teams that win championships have a great d-line and WR’s can be found in the later rounds.
7. San Francisco 49ers- Patrick Peterson CB LSU_ This is probably the easiest pick anyone had ever had to do in the history of the draft. I feel like Peterson will be one of the great CB in the league.
8. Tennessee Titans- Nick Fairley DT Auburn_ Tennessee can use that presence from the DT position that Haynesworth left void. Fairley has a boom or bust potential, but I believe he’ll be a dominant player in the next level.
9. Dallas Cowboys- Da’Quan Bowers DE Clemson_ I believe Bowers can play DE in the 4-3 or 3-4. Bowers is a top 5 talent but falls due to injury and he’s a one year wonder.
10. Washington Redskins- Julio Jones WR Alabama_ With this pick, the Redskins add a number 1 WR, which can leap up over everybody and snatch the ball out of the air. He also ran a sub 4.4 at the combine.
11. Houston Texans- Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska_ Houston had one of the worst passing defenses in the NFL last season. They drafted Kareem Jackson in the 1st round last year, but that wasn’t enough in this pass happy league. Pair Amukamara with Jackson and you have one of the best CB duos in the league for the next 7 to 10 years.
12. Minnesota Vikings- Ryan Mallet QB Arkansas_ It’s no secret that the Vikings need a QB. Mallet has the size and arm to fit perfectly in the Vikings’ system. I believe Mallet will be successful in the next level, especially with the weapons that the Vikings have to offer.
13. Detroit Lions- Tyron Smith OT Southern California_ I know CB and OLB are the Lions’ biggest needs, but with no players in those positions worth taking here, the Lions will go with the best OT in the draft. The Lions have to make it a priority to protect their franchise player from getting injured again.
14. St Louis Rams- Aldon Smith DE Missouri_ With no worthy receiver available here, the Rams go with Aldon Smith out of Missouri. Steve Spagnuolo would love to get his hands on this kid. Aldon has the potential to be a double digit sack guy for years to come.
15. Miami Dolphins- Mark Ingram RB Alabama_ The Dolphins’ biggest need is RB, so they take the best RB in the draft. Ingram is a top talent that lots of people compare him to the great Emmitt Smith.
16. Jacksonville Jaguars- Christian Ponder QB Florida State_ I’ll be the first to tell you that I thought this was a bit early for Ponder, but the more I watch this kid, the more I develop a man crush on him. He’s a very smart, accurate, and mobile QB. Cameron Jordan and Ryan Kerrigan are also very possible here, but I believe GM Gene will go for the most important position in football and go with Ponder.
17. New England Patriots- Cameron Jordan DE California_ The Patriots would be ecstatic if Jordan fell to 17. They fill a need and get great value at the same time. Jordan has the potential to be a disruptive force in the next level.
18. San Diego Chargers- JJ Watt DE Wisconsin_ Watt is a top 15 talent. The Chargers would love to see Watt fall to 18. He would be perfect in their 3-4 defense.
19. New York Giants- Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA_ Ayers is athletic enough to play in the 3-4 or 4-3. The Giants need some help at OLB, so this marriage makes lots of sense. Mike Pouncey is also a good possibility here.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue_ The Bucs get a good DE with a relentless motor. Kerrigan is also very athletic and would fit perfectly next to McCoy and Price on that Tampa Bay d-line.
21. Kansas City Chiefs- Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College_ This could end up being a huge steal like when Baltimore picked Michael Oher 2 years ago in the 20’s. Castonzo could play both OT positions. WR and OLB are also possibilities here.
22. Indianapolis Colts- Mike Pouncey OG Florida_ The Colts need help along the o-line. Pouncey could play every position in the interior of the o-line. Their number 1 priority is to keep Peyton upright.
23. Philadelphia Eagles- Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin_ The Eagles need a good RT. Carimi would be the perfect choice for the Eagles. Jimmy Smith is also a possibility here.
25. Seattle Seahawks- Jake Locker QB Washington_ The Seahawks need a QB badly. Jake Locker has the potential to be a very good QB in the next level. The main thing he needs to work on is his accuracy; if he works on that, the Seahawks get an absolute steal late in the 1st.
26. Baltimore Ravens- Jimmy Smith CB Colorado_ Baltimore gets a top 15 talent in Smith. Jimmy falls to 26 due to some character concerns, but he’ll be a perfect fit with the veteran presence on Baltimore’s defense.
27. Atlanta Falcons- Torrey Smith WR Maryland_ Roddy White is an absolute beast, but the Falcons need a deep threat WR to play alongside Roddy. Smith has the size, speed, and ball skills to make this pick quite easy for the Falcons.
28. New England Patriots- Nate Solder OT Colorado_ This is a very good pick for the Pats. Solder can come right in and start right away. When you have a QB like Tom Brady, you need to do everything possible to protect him.
29. Chicago Bears- Corey Liuget DT Illinois_ With Tommie Harris gone, the Bears get Corey to provide that inside push on the d-line. Liuget provides very good pass rush from the DT position.
30. New York Jets- Muhammad Wilkerson DT Temple_ In the Jets defense, Wilkerson will play DE instead of DT. Wilkerson has the skills set to come right in and make a difference.
31. Pittsburgh Steelers- Brandon Harris CB Miami (FL)_ Next to o-line, the CB position is the biggest need on the Steelers. Harris addresses a need and adds value to the team.
32. Green Bay Packers- Brooks Reed OLB Arizona_ Green Bay can use another OLB to play in an already great LB corps. Reed can add more pass rush from the opposite side of Clay Mathews.
Please give some feedback. Thank you.