Greetings MtD community.
We take a quick break from all the great work Dan, Brian, and Jon are doing to post a link to our friends at Walter Football. At a time when many of us have little to smile about, especially when the dark cloud of the NFL Lockout looming over our great game, Walter Football took the time to create something that should, hopefully, make you laugh.
And because they did that, we shall take a moment to acknowledge it.
Walter Football's 2011 April Fools NFL Mock Draft is a genuine hoot. Here's a few highlights:
1. Carolina Panthers: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
"I'm taking Jimmy Clausen, and no one's gonna stop me!" declared seemingly senile Panthers owner Jerry Richardson, as he stormed out of the team's war room and handed the card to a confused Roger Goodell.
Despite the pleas of his general manager and head coach, Richardson wouldn't have it. Richardson was set on drafting a guy already on his team.
"I was in Barnes and Noble, and I saw a USA Today draft magazine," Richardson said earlier. "This guy Walter Football had a great article on why this Jimmy Clausen quarterback should be the first pick in the draft. Walter Football knows what he's talking about, and you idiots don't! I don't care if he's on my team or not! I want Clausen!"
More after the jump...
- The Jets forfeit their pick because Rex Ryan thinks they are just that good.
- The Colts pass on a left tackle and take another speed rusher.
- Jerry Jones drafts Cam Newton because Cam Newton agrees with everything Jerry Jones says.
- Tiki Barber and Ron Dayne keep getting drafted by multiple teams.
- Christian Ponder to the Packers.
Enjoy the humor. Happy April Fools!