Researched quite intensively into team needs, prospect visits, and general interests. Draft is based on the consensus big board that I posted of the top 200 prospects available here (Consensus Top 200 Prospects ).
REC if you like it please :-)
- Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton (QB) - Auburn
Most talented player in the draft will energize this team
- Denver Broncos - Marcell Dareus (DT) - Alabama
John Fox philosophy - stop the run - run the ball. Dareus will make an immediate impact
- Buffalo Bills - Von Miller (OLB) - Texas A and M
A much needed boost to the defense. Dangerous pass rusher who also plays the run really well
- Cincinnati Bengals - AJ Green (WR) - Georgia
The organization is not changing its stance on Carson Palmer. AJ Green is too good. QB can be had later
- Arizona Cardinals - Patrick Peterson (CB) - LSU
The Cardinals will acquire a veteran QB. They need to add a play maker on defense. Peterson is too good to pass.
- Cleveland Browns - Julio Jones (WR) - Alabama
Word on the street - Browns want a WR, and Jones is a top 5 talent. McCoy will be happy.
- San Francisco 49ers - Blaine Gabbert (QB) - Missouri
A new coach - a new QB. Perfect situation for Haurbaugh.
- Tennessee Titans - Nick Fairley (DT) - Auburn
Titans defense has not been the same since the departure of Albert. Fairley is a top defensive playmaker
- Dallas Cowboys - Tyron Smith (OT) - USC
An upgrade on the offensive line is needed. Smith is the best tackle in the draft
- Washington Redskins - Robert Quinn (DE/OLB) - UNC
The defense is horrid. The pass rush is horrid. Quinn will make an immediate impact,
- Houston Texans - Aldon Smith (DE/OLB) - Missouri
Wade Phillips - meet Demarcus Ware 2.0. Will be used in the same manner.
- Minnesota Vikings - Da'Quan Bowers (DE) - Clemson
Vikings need a QB. They will wait. Bowers is too good to pass up - they need a DE.
- Detroit Lions - Prince Amukamara (CB) - Nebraska
Perfect situation for the Lions
- St. Louis Rams - Corey Liuget (DT) - Illinois
Perfect DT for a Steve Spagnula's defensive scheme. Great pick for Rams. WR later.
- TRADE - San Diego Chargers - Ryan Kerrigan (OLB) - Purdue
Chargers trade 18 and 82 for Dophins 15
Chargers skip ahead of Pats and Jaguars to acquire a stout pass rush OLB. With no 2nd rd pick - Dolphins could use some extra picks
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Cameron Jordan (DE) - Cal
Jordan is an incredibly clean, talented, and versatile DE that will further improve a young and talented DL
- New England Patriots - JJ Watt (DT/DE) - Wisconsin
Only issue is Watt's agent. Watt would otherwise be perfect for Bill's defense
- TRADE - Miami Dolphins - Mark Ingram (RB) - Alabama
Trade - Received from Chargers
People are trying to put another pick here for the Dolphins. Sorry but this pick makes too much sense. and I LOVE Ingram
- New York Giants - Mike Pouncey (G/C) - Florida
Pouncey instantly boosts the Giants interior
- Tampa Bay Bucs - Adrian Clayborn (DE) - Iowa
A stout pass rusher and run stopper - furthering upgrading this young and talented DL
- Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor (NT) - Baylor
A three down NT that the Chiefs have been seeking for quite some time.
- Indianapolis Colts - Anthony Castonzo (OT) - BC
Protect manning - simple as that
- Philadelphia Eagles - Gabe Carimi (OT) - Wisconsin
Carimi is the best RT in the draft. He is a stout run blocker as well. Protecting Vick is most important. CB can be had later.
- TRADE - Cincinnati Bengals - Andy Dalton (QB) - TCU
Bengals trade 35 & 66 for Saints 24
Bengals get their QB. They won't listen to Palmer's wishes. But they will get a QB to play. Coaches like Dalton. And he gets a weapon in Green
- Seattle Seahawks - Ryan Mallet (QB) - Arkansas
Mallet is most pro ready and has the best arm in the draft. Off field concerns won't both Carrol. Mallet's arm is too good to pass up. Although I do have to question whether they will take a QB or not because of the investment they made on Whitehurst. This was the toughest pick of the entire mock.
- Baltimore Ravens - Jimmy Smith (CB) - Colorado
Smith is a top 10 talent but just needs a good locker room. He gets that in Baltimore. His skills will be appreciated.
- Atlanta Falcons - Justin Houston (DE) - Georgia
Falcons are seeking a pass rusher - Houston fits the bill and best player available
- TRADE - Minnesota Vikings - Jake Locker (QB) - Washington
Vikings trade 43, 106, and next year's 3rd & 4th for Patriots 28
Vikings want Locker, and need a QB. They move up and snag with Patriots. Patriots are fine with receiving next year's 2nd and 4th - as they like to stock pile picks.
- Chicago Bears - Nate Solder (OT) - Colorado
Bears need help on that offensive line. DT is a possibility but they really need to protect Jay Cutler.
- New York Jets - Akeem Ayers (OLB) - UCLA
Jets snag a talented rush linebacker to help their defensive pressure
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Derrek Sherrod (OT) - Miss. St.
Sherrod is perfect for this offense as he is a tough run blocker and stout pass blocker. Can play left and right.
- Green Bay Packers - Muhammed Wilkerson (DE/DT) - Temple
What a perfect situation for the Packers to get a stout 3-4 5 tech at the end of the 1st.
- New England Patriots - Brooks Reed (OLB) - Arizona
Patriots snag a 3-4 rush linebacker to compliment their selection of JJ Watt
- TRADE - Tennessee Titans - Christian Ponder (QB) - Florida St.
Titans trade 39 & 109 for Bills 34
Titans snag their next franchise QB - this one does not have off field issues
- TRADE - New Orleans Saints - Jabaal Sheerd (DE) - Pittsburgh
Trade received from Bengals
Saints still get a pass rush defensive end with big upside
- Denver Broncos - Kyle Rudolph (TE) - Notre Dame
Broncos snag the best TE in the draft to help their offense
- Cleveland Browns - Marvin Austin (DT) - UNC
Perfect fit for Jauron 4-3 defense
- Arizona Cardinals - Martez Wilson (LB) - Illinois
I think Wilson is a superb athlete that has the size to also play on the outside. Instant improvement to linebackers,
- TRADE - Buffalo Bills - Cameron Heyward (DT/DE) - Ohio St.
Trade received from Tennessee Titans
What a perfect situation for the Bills. Heyward and Miller = wow
- Dallas Cowboys - Brandon Harris (CB) - Miami
Need improvement in the secondary - Harris top talent
- Washington Redskins - Colin Kapernick (QB) - Nevada
Meet Shanahan's next QB
- Houston Texans - Aaron Williams (DB) - Texas
Whether he plays CB, or S he instantly improves the Texans secondary
- TRADE - New England Patriots - Danny Watkins (G) - Baylor
Trade received from Vikings
Pats move down and still get their OG of choice
- Detroit Lions - Ben Ijalana (T) - Villanova
The Lions have to protect Stafford
- San Francisco 49ers - Stephen Paea (NT) - Oregon State.
49ers need a NT - Paea has the strength to be that inside player
- Denver Broncos - Rahim Moore (FS) - UCLA
Ball hawking safety to improve defensive secondary
- TRADE - Philadelphia Eagles - Ras I Dowling (CB) - Virginia
Eagles trade 54, 120, & 152 for Rams 47 & 216
Eagles snag a talented CB to fill a major hole
- Oakland Raiders - Curtis Brown (CB) - Texas
Raiders biggest need is defensive back
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Bruce Carter (OLB) - UNC
- San Diego Chargers - Christian Ballard (DT/DE) - Iowa
- Tampa Bay Bucs - Quan Sturdivant (ILB) - UNC
- New York Giants - Mason Foster (OLB) - Washington
- Indianapolis Colts - Rodney Hudson (G/C) - Florida State
- TRADE - St. Louis Rams - Torrey Smith (WR) - Maryland
Trade received from Eagles
Bradford needs a top notch weapon
- TRADE - New England Patriots - Mikel LeShoure (RB) - Illinois
Patriots trade 60 & 125 for Chiefs 55
Leshoure becomes their franchise RB. What a perfect fit for the Pats and Mikel.
- New Orleans Saints - Jurrel Casey (DT) - UNC
People are saying that the Saints don't need a DT because they acquire Shaun Rodgers. Sorry but Rodgers is old and his health and weight are a concern.
- Seattle Seahawks - Marcus Cannon (T) - TCU
Plays the right side from day one
- Baltimore Ravens - Titus Young (WR) - Boise St.
Flacco needs a fast deep threat
- Atlanta Falcons - Leonard Hankerson (WR) - Miami
Matt Ryan's new weapon - take pressure off Roddy White
- TRADE - Kansas City Chiefs - Jonathan Baldwin (WR) - Pittsburgh
Trade received from Patriots
- San Diego Chargers - Orlando Franklin (T) - Miami
- Chicago Bears - Allen Bailey (DT) - Miami
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Brandon Burton (CB) - Utah
- Green Packers - Sam Acho (OLB) - Texas
Clay Matthews partner in pass rushing crime
- Carolina Panthers - Drake Nevis (DT) - LSU
- TRADE - New Orleans Saints - Ryan Williams (RB) - Virginia Tech
Trade received from Bengals
- Denver Broncos - Chris Carter (OLB) - Fresno St.
- Buffalo Bills - James Carpenter (OT) - Alabama
- Arizona Cardinals - Clint Boling (G) - Georgia
- Cleveland Browns - Dontay Moch (DE) - Nevada
- Dallas Cowboys - Jarvis Jenkins (DT/DE) - Clemson
- New Orleans Saints - DeAndre McDaniel (SS) - Clemson
- Houston Texans - Kenrick Ellis (NT) - Hampton
- New England Patriots - Randall Cobb (WR) - Kentucky
- Detroit Lions - Kendall Hunter (RB) - Oklahoma St.
- San Francisco 49ers - Johnny Patrick (CB) - Louisville
- Tennessee Titans - Colin McCarthy (LB) - Miami
- St. Louis Rams - Daniel Thomas (RB) - Kansas St.
- Miami Dolphins - Will Rackley (G) - Lehigh
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Quinton Carter (FS) - Oklahoma
- Oakland Raiders - Stefen Wisniewski (C) - Penn St.
- TRADE - Miami Dolphins - Chris Conte (FS) - Cal
Trade received from Chargers
- New York Giants - Lance Kendricks (TE) - Wisconsin
- Tampa Bay Bucs - Davon House (CB) - New Mexico St.
- Philadelphia Eagles - KJ Wright (OLB) - Miss. St.
- Kansas City Chiefs - Marcus Gilbert (OT) - Florida
- Indianapolis Colts - Terrell McClain (DT) - South Florida
- New Orleans Saints - Lawrence Wilson (OLB) - Connecticut
- San Diego Chargers - Jerrel Jernigan (WR) - Troy
- Baltimore Ravens - James Brewer (OT) - Indiana
- Atlanta Falcons - Luke Stocker (TE) - Tennessee
- New England Patriots - Jason Pinkston (OT) - Pitt
- Chicago Bears - Greg Little (WR) - UNC
- New York Jets - Jerrell Powe (NT) - Mississippi
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Edmund Gates (WR) - Abilene Christian
- Green Bay Packers - Tandon Doss (WR) - Indiana
- Carolina Panthers - Shareece Wright (CB) - USC
- Carolina Panthers - Greg Romeus (DE) - Pitt
- Seattle Seahawks - Marcus Gilchrist (CB) - Clemson
- Buffalo Bills - Kelvin Sheppard (LB) - LSU
- Cincinnati Bengals - Sine Fua (DT) - Standford
- Cleveland Browns - Chimdi Chekwa (CB) - Ohio State
- Arizona Cardinals - DJ Williams (TE) - Arkansas
- Philadelphia Eagles - Ricky Stanzi (QB) - Iowa
When Kolb gets shipped off who backs up Vick?
- Houston Texans - Tyler Sash (SS) - Iowa
- TRADE - New England Patriots - Curtis Marsh (CB) - Utah State
Trade received from Vikings
- Detroit Lions - Ross Homan (OLB) - Ohio State
- San Francisco 49ers - Jeremy Beal (OLB) - Oklahoma
- TRADE - Buffalo Bills - Jordan Cameron (TE) - USC
Trade received from Titans
- Dallas Cowboys - John Moffitt (G) - Wisconsin
- Miami Dolphins - Greg Jones (ILB) - Michigan St.
- St. Louis Rams - Mark Herzlich (OLB) - BC
- Oakland Raiders - Jaiquawn Jarret (FS) - Temple
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Greg Salas (WR) - Hawaii
- San Francisco 49ers - Niles Paul (WR) - Nebraska
- Tampa Bay Bucs - JacQuizz Rodgers (RB) - Oregon St.
- New York Giants - Demarco Murray (RB) - Oklahoma
- Kansas City Chiefs - Casey Matthews (LB) - Oregon
- Indianapolis Colts - Ahmad Black (S)
- TRADE - St. Louis Rams - Joseph Barksdale (G) - LSU
Trade received from Eagles
- Jacksonville Jaguars - Jordan Todman (RB) - UConn
- Buffalo Bills - Jalil Brown (CB) - Colorado
- Baltimore Ravens - Robert Sands (S) - West Virginia
- Atlanta Falcons - Lee Ziemba (T) - Auburn
- TRADE - Kansas City Chiefs - Pharnell McPhee (OLB/DE) - Mississippi
Trade received from Patriots
- New York Jets - Austin Pettis (WR) - Boise St.
- Chicago Bears - Tim Barnes (C) - Missouri
- Pittsburgh Steelers - Lawrence Guy (DT/DE) - Arizona
- Green Bay Packers - Delone Carter (RB) - Syracuse
- Tennessee Titans - Buster Skrine (CB) - Chattanooga
- Green Bay Packers - Steve Schilling (G) - Michigan