There are a lot of mock drafts out there from so-called "experts," and sometimes, "consensus" mock drafts are compiled from these mock drafts.
I think its a great concept. I believe, however, that these experts are no better than dedicated fans like us. So, I decided to compile a consensus mock draft of the 1st round based on the last 15 mock drafts by the community.
Note: I did not use any mocks that simulated trades.1) Carolina Panthers
Cam Newton, QB 73%
Marcel Dareus, DT 66.6%
Von Miller, OLB 66.6%
A.J. Green, WR 53.3%
Blaine Gabbert, QB 46.6%
Julio Jones, WR 26.6% (A.J. Green was taken; 40%)
Patrick Peterson, CB 60%
Nick Fairley, DT 80%
Tyron Smith, OT 66.6%
Robert Quinn, OLB 13.3% (Julio Jones was taken; 60%)
11) Houston Texans
Prince Amukamara, CB 33.3%
DaQuan Bowers, DE 66.6%
13) Detroit Lions
Cameron Jordan, DE 33.3% (Prince Amukamara was taken; 33.3%)
14) St. Louis Rams
Corey Liuget, DT 60%
15) Miami Dolphins
Mark Ingram, RB 66.6%
Aldon Smith, DE 26.6% (Ryan Kerrigan, DE tied at 26.6%)
Gabe Carimi, OT 26.6%
J.J. Watt, DE 33.3% (Aldon Smith was taken; 33.3%)
19) New York Giants
Mike Pouncey, C 46.6%
Ryan Kerrigan, DE 46.6%
Phil Taylor, NT 53.3%
Anthony Castonzo, OT 46.6%
Jimmy Smith, CB 46.6% (Notable: Gabe Carimi 40%)
Adrian Clayborn, DE 40%
25) Seattle Seahawks
Jake Locker, QB 46.6%
26) Baltimore Ravens
Justin Houston, OLB 26.6% (Notable: Akeem Ayers 20%; Jimmy Smith 20%)
27) Atlanta Falcons
Torrey Smith, WR 13.3% (Adrian Clayborn, 20%, and Mike Pouncey, 13.3%, were taken)
28) New England Patriots
Cameron Heyward, DE 33.3%
29) Chicago Bears
Nate Solder, OT 33.3%
30) New York Jets
Muhammad Wilkerson, DE 26.6% (Notable: Phil Taylor 26.6% and Akeem Ayers 20%)
Brandon Harris, CB 46.6%
Derek Sherrod, OT 26.6% (Notable: Justin Houston 20%)
- New England was interesting because they own two picks in the 1st round, so half the picks for each were allocated to defense and offense.
- Atlanta was the most difficult selection, as there were 10 different prospects mocked to them.
- Jacksonville was the only selection where I had to make a tiebreaker, as both Ryan Kerrigan and Aldon Smith were available and tied. I flipped a coin for this selection.
- The lead pipe lock, according to MtD draftniks is Nick Fairley going to the Titans, with the highest percentage (80%) being mocked to them.
- The biggest loser, if the real thing shakes out this way, is the Washington Redskins. They had the highest dropoff in percentage mocked. Since Julio Jones was mocked to them a whopping 60% of the time, but already taken by Cleveland. The next highest was Robert Quinn at a paltry 13.3%. It was the largest such dropoff in the entire draft.
- Only 3 QBs were taken (more were mocked, but did not receive enough votes to be the picks). Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, and finally Jake Locker.