It's almost time for the real draft, so it was now or never for me to make a mock. After criticizing everyone else, it's only fair that I give you a chance to smack me around a bit. I did not mock trades.
[UPDATE] I've been convinced by the posts below and a little more reading around that Houston will fall out of the first due to his bong hits, so the Ravens and Jets picks have changed.
1. Carolina Panthers: Marcell Dareus (DT, Alabama) - They gave a lot of thought to taking Cam here, but in the end they take the safe route. Dareus will anchor their DL for a decade. Clausen gets one last chance to prove he's the future in Carolina.
2. Denver Broncos: Von Miller (OLB, Texas A&M) - There have been recent rumors that the Broncos prefer Miller over Dareus. Don't believe it. However, with Dareus gone they'll jump at Miller.
3. Buffalo Bills: Cam Newton (QB, Auburn) - If Dareus or Miller were still on the board, they'd be the pick. With them both gone, the Bills take the top QB of this draft class. He'll sit behind Fitzpatrick for a year, which is the perfect situation for Cam.
4. Cincinnati Bengals: Blaine Gabbert (QB, Missouri) - The Bengals seriously consider AJ Green here, but they decide to draft their future instead. Adios Carson Palmer.
5. Arizona Cardinals: Patrick Peterson (CB, LSU) - The Cardinals grab the best player in the draft.
6. Cleveland Browns: Julio Jones (WR, Alabama) - Most consider Green slightly ahead of Jones. The Browns prefer Jones and make him the first receiver off the board. Time will tell if they made the right choice.
7. San Fransisco 49ers: Prince Amakumara (CB, Nebraska) - 49ers get a great talent at a position of great need.
8. Tennessee Titans: Nick Fairley (DT, Auburn) - The Titans aren't willing to reach for any of the remaining QBs. Fairley will be an absolute beast for them.
9. Dallas Cowboys: Tyron Smith (OT, USC) - The Cowboys dramatically improve their offensive line with the best tackle in this draft class.
10. Washington Redskins: Jake Locker (QB, Washington) - The McNabb experiment failed. Shanahan grabs his QB of the future.
11. Houston Texans: Robert Quinn (OLB/DE, UNC) - The Texans can't believe Quinn fell to them. He'll be a terror for them.
12. Minnesota Vikings: AJ Green (WR, Georgia) - BPA. The Vikings weren't planning on taking WR with their first pick, but Green is too good to pass up in this spot.
13. Detroit Lions: Da'Quan Bowers (DE, Clemson) - If his knee holds, this could be the best pick of 2011. If.
14. St. Louis Rams: Corey Liuget (DT, Illinois) - With both top WRs off the board the Rams shore up the DL.
15. Miami Dolphins: Ryan Mallett (QB, Arkansas) - The Dolphins roll the dice on a top 5 arm with plenty of red flags. Solid running backs can be found in the later rounds, so they pass on Mark Ingram.
16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Christian Ponder (QB, Florida State) - A real reach, but the Jags don't think their Guy will be there the next time they pick.
17. New England Patriots: Cameron Jordan (DE, Cal) - A steal of a pick at a position of need.
18. San Diego Chargers: JJ Watt (DE, Wisconsin) - Chargers take the best DE available at this spot.
19. New York Giants: Mike Pouncey (OG/C, Florida) - There is a reason Pouncey goes to the Giants in most mocks. Obvious pick is obvious.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Aldon Smith (OLB/DE, Missouri) - With Ryan Kerrigan still on the board, this is a tough choice. Most mocks have them going Kerrigan here, but I think they go with the higher ceiling player.
21. Kansas City Chiefs: Anthony Costanzo (OT, Boston College) - BPA at a position of need. Can't beat that.
22. Indianapolis Colts: Gabe Carimi (OT, Wisconsin) - Colts take the best remaining tackle, and are thrilled that it's Carimi.
23. Philadelphia Eagles: Jimmy Smith (CB, Colorado) - The Eagles need a corner badly. Smith might be a great one, if he can keep it together off the field.
24. New Orleans Saints: Ryan Kerrigan (OLB/DE, Purdue) - The Saints seriously consider grabbing Mark Ingram, but they just can't pass on Kerrigan.
25. Seattle Seahawks: Andy Dalton (QB, TCU) - All of that "Seattle isn't taking a QB" talk is just smokescreen to keep teams from trading up ahead of them. Seattle takes the best one left.
26. Baltimore Ravens:
Justin Houston (OLB, Georgia) Muhammad Wilkerson (DT/DE, Temple) - I've been convinced on Houston falling out of the first round, so the Ravens take Wilkerson.
27. Atlanta Falcons: Adrian Clayborn (DE, Iowa) - Falcons take the best remaining pass rushing DE.
They would have preferred Justin Houston, but just missed him.
28. New England Patriots: Mark Ingram (RB, Alabama) - The Patriots weren't planning on taking a running back in the first round, but they also didn't think Ingram would fall this far.
29. Chicago Bears: Derek Sherrod (OT, Miss. State) - It was Sherrod or Solder here. Bears take the safer pick.
30. New York Jets:
Muhammad Wilkerson (DT/DE, Temple) Phil Taylor (DT, Baylor) - With the Raven's pick changing to Wilkerson, the Jets grab Taylor.
31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Nate Solder (OT, Colorado) - Solder has the ability, but will be a project. The Steelers are more than capable of taking on that task.
32. Green Bay Packers: Cameron Heyward (DT/DE, Ohio State) - The Packers fall in love with Heyward's versatility.