Richmond International Raceway is a three quarter mile short track designed to destroy friendships. America's Premier Short Track is a D-Shaped nightmare. It has 14 degree banking in it's turns with 8 degrees on the front-stretch and 2 degrees on the backstretch. And the Nationwide series usually hits Richmond twice on the schedule.
The list of former winners entered in this race is extensive. Mark Martin and Kevin Harvick lead all active drivers with five wins each but neither is entered this week. Kenny Wallace is a three time winner, taking home the fall 1994 and 1996 races, as well as the spring event in 1995. Carl Edwards is also a three time winner. Edwards took the spring 2005 event as well as the fall events in 2008 and 2009.
We also have a list of one time winners at Richmond. Morgan Shepherd won in the fall of 1983. Joe Nemechek (who skipped Nashville this week) won in the spring of 1994. Jeff Green won in the spring of 2000 and Denny Hamlin won the spring race in 2008. Speaking of spring races, Brad Keselowski won last year's spring event too.
There has not been a full time Nationwide winner at Richmond since 2003, when Johnny Sauter was a Richard Childress Racing Developmental driver. Here's hoping the streak comes to an end this weekend.
Entry List and more after the Jump!
BREAKING NEWS: KYLE BUSCH IS NOT ENTERED IN THIS WEEK'S RACE! I repeat. KYLE BUSCH IS NOT ENTERED IN THIS WEEK'S RACE! That doesn't mean that Carl Edwards, Brad Keselowski, and Denny Hamlin are not though.
|1||01||Mike Wallace||G&K Services||11 Chevy||JD Motorsports|
|2||2||Elliott Sadler||OneMain Financial||11 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc|
|3||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||Easy Feet||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|4||7||Josh Wise||11 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|5||09||Kenny Wallace||American Ethanol||11 Toyota||RAB Racing|
|6||11||Brian Scott||Shore Lodge||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs Racing|
|7||12||Sam Hornish Jr||PPG||11 Dodge||Penske Racing|
|8||13||Jennifer Jo Cobb||Driver Boutique.com||11 Ford||Jo Cobb Racing|
|9||14||Eric McClure||Hefty BlackOut / Reynolds||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|10||15||Timmy Hill||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|11||16||Trevor Bayne||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|12||18||Kelly Bires||Heil Heating and Cooling||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs Racing|
|13||19||Mike Bliss||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|14||20||Denny Hamlin(i)||SportClips||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs Racing|
|15||22||Brad Keselowski(i)||Discount Tire / Ruby Tuesday||11 Dodge||Penske Racing|
|16||23||Robert Richardson||Wildlife Conservation Society||11 Dodge||R3 Motorsports|
|17||28||Derrike Cope||Pouch Tech||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson Racing|
|18||30||James Buescher(i)||ABF||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|19||31||Justin Allgaier||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|20||32||Reed Sorenson||Dollar General||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|21||33||Paul Menard(i)||Menards-Rheem||11 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc|
|22||38||Jason Leffler||Great Clips||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|23||39||Charles Lewandoski||11 Ford||Go Green Racing|
|24||40||Scott Wimmer||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|25||41||Carl Long #||Lilly Trucking||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|26||44||Jeff Green #||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|27||49||Dennis Setzer #||11 Dodge||Jay Robinson Racing|
|28||51||Jeremy Clements||Co-ops USA||10 Chevy||Jeremy Clements|
|29||52||Kevin LePage||11 Chevy||Jimmy Means|
|30||60||Carl Edwards(i)||Fastenal||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|31||62||Michael Annett||Oakley||10 Toyota||Rusty Wallace Racing|
|32||66||Steve Wallace||5 Hour Energy||10 Toyota||Rusty Wallace Racing|
|33||68||Matthew Carter #||11 Chevy||Fleur-De-Lis Racing|
|34||70||David Stremme (i)||Foretravel||11 Chevy||ML Motorsports|
|35||74||Mike Harmon||Riverwalk Cafe||11 Chevy||Mike Harmon Racing|
|36||75||Johnny Chapman #||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|37||79||Tim Andrews #||10 Ford||2nd Chance Racing|
|38||81||Blake Koch||Daystar.com||10 Dodge||MacDonald Motorsport|
|39||87||Joe Nemechek||11 Toyota||NEMCO|
|40||88||Aric Almirola||Hellmann's||11 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|41||89||Morgan Shepherd||Victory in Jesus Racing||11 Chevy||Faith Motorsports|
|42||99||Ryan Truex||11 Toyota||Pastrana Waltrip Racing|
|# - Team is known to Start and Park|
|Must qualify on Time|
|(i) - Not Running for Championship|
Since there are only 42 cars on the entry list, everyone will make it in:
- #12- Sam Hornish returns to the track again. He will try to do better then his finish at Daytona.
- #13- Jennifer Jo Cobb returns to the Nationwide Series after missing the truck race last week. She brings her own team to the track this week.
- #18- Kelly Bires will make his first start for Joe Gibbs Racing for 2011. Bires is set to race at least once more this year. Did I mention that Kyle Busch is not racing this car this week?
- #20- Denny Hamlin makes his second start in the Owner's Championship leading #20 Toyota.
- #30- James Buescher makes another start for Turner Motorsports. Buescher looked good at Talladega until a late race crash ruined his day.
- #39- Charles Lewandowski will make another start for Go Green Racing. The team is trying to hang on to it's locked in status. Danny O'Quinn gave them a good run last week.
- #49- Dennis Setzer will make another start and park attempt this week in a second Jay Robinson Chevy.
- #52- Kevin LePage starts for Jimmy Means after Rensi Motorsports' temporary shutdown.
- #68- Matthew Carter returns again for Fleur-De-Lis Motorsports. Things haven't gone exactly as planned for the new team. They were supposed to be fully sponsored and running for the Championship. Instead they have had to start and park and have used many different drivers this year.
Tune into SpeedTV Friday night at 7pm eastern for some Nationwide Short Track racing under the lights! It's the Bubba Burger 250 live from Richmond International Raceway! Enjoy!