I know what you're thinking, this is going to be another Kyle Busch/Carl Edwards won race. And you may be right, but if Regan Smith has taught us anything this week, is that anyone can win any race. Yes, Dover has been dominated by Cup drivers, and it's usually a pretty boring affair, but Justin Allgaier, Ricky Stenhouse and Elliott Sadler have never been stronger. I truly believe that it is only a matter of time before someone breaks the seal and wins.
Last year we had two Nationwide drivers win, and that was when you still saw eight Cup driver run 25 or more races. This year, after only 10 races, only five drivers have run 5 or more races. That's pretty big. It shows that the new points system is keeping some Cup drivers away, just not the big three. Busch, Edwards and Keselowski. Yes, Brad has been a non-factor so far, but Edwards and Busch have stolen so many chances from these young guys that I'm surprised that they don't get spun every week.
Eight drivers entered this weekend have won at Dover in the Nationwide Series. Kyle Busch leads them with three wins. He took home the Fall race of 2008 and won both events last year. Clint Bowyer has won twice, In the fall of 2006 and 2009. Mike Wallace won in the Spring of 1994, Jeff Green in the Fall of 2001, Scott Wimmer won in the Fall of 2002, and Joe Nemechek won in the Spring of 2003. Wallace, Wimmer and Nemechek could be surprises this week, but Jeff Green will most likely Start and Park. The other two winners are no surprise. Carl Edwards in the Spring of 2007, and Brad Keselowski in the Spring of 2009. The Big three will be favorites, but that doesn't mean they will win. We have a few other Cup drivers in this race as well. David Reutimann will make his second start for Rusty Wallace Racing, and Joey Logano is back this week.
Entry List and more after the JUMP!
|1||0||Brad Teague (s)||11 Chevy||JD Motorsports|
|2||01||Mike Wallace||11 Chevy||JD Motorsports|
|3||2||Elliott Sadler||OneMain Financial||11 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc|
|4||04||Charles Lewandoski||11 Ford||Go Green Racing|
|5||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|6||7||Josh Wise||U.S. Armed Forces||11 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|7||09||Kenny Wallace||11 Toyota||RAB Racing|
|8||11||Brian Scott||Shore Lodge||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs Racing|
|9||13||Jennifer Jo Cobb||DriverBoutique.com||11 Ford||Jo Cobb Racing|
|10||14||Eric McClure||Hefty BlackOut / Reynolds||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|11||15||Timmy Hill||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|12||16||Kevin Swindell||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|13||18||Kyle Busch(i)||MAC Tools||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs Racing|
|14||19||Mike Bliss||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|15||20||Joey Logano(i)||GameStop||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs Racing|
|16||22||Brad Keselowski(i)||Ruby Tuesday||11 Dodge||Penske Racing|
|17||23||Alex Kennedy||Funny Dan-St. Baldrick's||11 Dodge||R3 Motorsports|
|18||28||Derrike Cope||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson Racing|
|19||30||James Buescher(i)||ABF||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|20||31||Justin Allgaier||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|21||32||Reed Sorenson||Dollar General||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|22||33||Clint Bowyer(i)||Rheem Water Heating Chevy||11 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc|
|23||38||Jason Leffler||Great Clips||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|24||39||Danny Efland||c3i Sports||11 Ford||Go Green Racing|
|25||40||Scott Wimmer||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|26||41||Carl Long (s)||Lilly Trucking of Virginia||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|27||44||Jeff Green (s)||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|28||51||Jeremy Clements||Co-ops USA||10 Chevy||Clements Racing|
|29||52||Kevin Lepage||TAX Alliance||11 Chevy||Means Racing|
|30||55||Brett Rowe (s)||11 Chevy||Faith Motorsports|
|31||60||Carl Edwards(i)||Fastenal||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|32||62||Michael Annett||Pilot / Flying J||10 Toyota||Rusty Wallace Racing|
|33||64||David Reutimann(i)||5-Hour Energy-Extra Strength||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace Racing|
|34||66||Steve Wallace||5 Hour Energy||10 Toyota||Rusty Wallace Racing|
|35||67||J R Fitzpatrick||11 Ford||Go Canada Racing|
|36||68||Matthew Carter (s)||11 Chevy||Fleur-de-Lis Racing|
|37||70||Dennis Setzer||11 Chevy||ML Motorsports|
|38||74||Mike Harmon (s)||Riverwalk Cafe||11 Chevy||Harmon Racing|
|39||75||Johnny Chapman (s)||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|40||79||Tim Andrews (s)||10 Ford||Second Chance Racing|
|41||81||Donnie Neuenberger||Eagle Convenience Stores||10 Dodge||MacDonald Motorsports|
|42||82||Blake Koch||Daystar.com||10 Dodge||MacDonald Motorsports|
|43||87||Joe Nemechek||11 Toyota||NEMCO Motorsports|
|44||88||Aric Almirola||Degree MEN||11 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|45||89||Morgan Shepherd||11 Chevy||Faith Motorsports|
|46||99||Ryan Truex||11 Toyota||Pastrana Waltrip Racing|
|(s)-Start and Park Team|
|Must Qualify On Time|
Fortysix teams on the Entry list this week, which means we will see some drivers go home. Just a few notes this week:
- #0- Last week it seemed like we would see James Hylton try to teach the young kids some old tricks, instead he taught us how to start and park. Brad Teague will run about 15 laps this week. If he makes the race that is.
- #04- Charles Lewandowski will hit the track this week in a second Go Green Racing Ford. I'm not sure if he will be running the full race or not. Charles must qualify on time.
- #13- Jennifer Jo Cobb is in trouble. She has no Truck Team, and barely has a Nationwide Team. Her short time with Rick Ware Racing did not provide her with the boost she needed. Jennifer may be gone from our sport unless things turn around. Cobb must qualify on time this week.
- #16- There's Trevor Bayne not on the Entry List again. Despite not running the last two weeks, Bayne is still in the top 10 in points. Trevor Bayne's Championship hopes are pretty much gone. Kevin Swindell will fill in this week. Bayne should return next week.
- #23- Another week, another different driver for the R3 team. Alex Kennedy, who usually start and parks, will run this week. If he parks, the team will have wasted Scott Rigg's great run last week.
- #30- James Buescher pulls double duty this week for Turner Motorsports. By all accounts, this team will be his next season.
- #55- Brett Rowe returns to park Morgan Shepherd's second team this week. Rowe must qualify on time.
- #64- David Reutimann returns this week in a third Rusty Wallace Toyota. He will have 5 Hour Energy Extra Strength on his car. Reuti will have to qualify on time.
- #67- 4ever3's favorite race team, Go Canada Racing returns this week. J.R. Fitzpatrick will have to qualify on time. The team is still looking for sponsorship to run full time next year.
- #81- Donnie Neuenberger takes over the main MacDonald Motorsports team as Blake Koch will drive a second #82 Dodge. Koch will have to qualify on time, but Neuenberger is locked in.
Join us live Saturday at 1pm Eastern on ESPN for the 5 Hour Energy 200 from Dover, DE! And join us for an open race thread during the race to join the conversation. (Beware, a few of us like to highjack the Thread for Wrestling and DBZ, also, you should expect to see some guys without shirts popping up). Enjoy!