Michigan is your prototypical two mile raceway. MIS is the sister track of Texas, and was used as a template for Auto Club Speedway. Michigan is one of the fastest Nascar tracks currently in use, and has boasted Nationwide races since 1992. In that time we've had a few different winners who are entered this week.
Brad Keselowski has won the past two events here and is entered again this week. Carl Edwards won in 2008, and Kyle Busch won in 2004. That's the extent of favorite past winners this weekend. The bigger news is the lack of the #99 team. Pastrana Waltrip racing, which was locked into the top 30, is not entered this week after failing to find sponsorship for the majority of the races this year. This is bad news for Travis Pastrana, who will need to qualify when he makes his Nascar debut later in the year.
Entry List and More after the Jump!
|1||01||Mike Wallace||11 Chevy||Lori Davis|
|2||2||Elliott Sadler||OneMain Financial||11 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|3||03||Scott Riggs (S)||North TX Pipe||11 Dodge||Robert Richardson Sr|
|4||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||Tender Ridge||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|5||7||Josh Wise||Air Hogs||11 Chevy||Kelley Earnhardt|
|6||09||Kenny Wallace||11 Toyota||Robby Benton|
|7||11||Brian Scott||Shore Lodge||11 Toyota||J D Gibbs|
|8||12||Sam Hornish Jr||Alliance||11 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|9||13||Jennifer Jo Cobb (S)||DriverBoutique.com||11 Ford||Jennifer Jo Cobb|
|10||14||Eric McClure||Hefty BlackOut/Reynolds||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|11||15||Timmy Hill||EPH Tools-Nuts Off||11 Ford||Bob Germain|
|12||16||Trevor Bayne||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|13||18||Kyle Busch(i)||Pizza Ranch||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|14||19||Mike Bliss||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|15||20||Joey Logano(i)||GameStop||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|16||22||Brad Keselowski(i)||Discount Tire||11 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|17||23||Robert Richardson Jr||North TX Pipe||11 Chevy||Robert Richardson Sr|
|18||25||Chad Finley||Auto Valve-RainEater||11 Ford||Gary Weisbaum|
|19||28||Derrike Cope||Maxelence||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|20||30||Reed Sorenson||Rexall||11 Chevy||Harry Scott Jr|
|21||31||Justin Allgaier||11 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|22||32||Mark Martin(i)||Dollar General||11 Chevy||Sandra Turner|
|23||33||Paul Menard(i)||Rheem/Menards||11 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|24||38||Jason Leffler||Great Clips||11 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|25||39||Danny Efland||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|26||40||Charles Lewandoski||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|27||41||Carl Long (S)||Lilly Trucking of VA||11 Ford||Rick Ware|
|28||42||Tim Andrews (S)||11 Chevrolet||Curtis Key Sr|
|29||44||Jeff Green (S)||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|30||46||Chase Miller (S)||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|31||49||Dennis Setzer (S)||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|32||51||Jeremy Clements||Co-ops USA||10 Chevy||Johnny Davis|
|33||52||Kevin Lepage||11 Chevy||Jimmy Means|
|34||55||Brett Rowe (S)||Imperial Bedding||11 Chevy||Cindy Shepherd|
|35||60||Carl Edwards(i)||Fastenal||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|36||62||Michael Annett||Pilot Flying J||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|37||64||David Reutimann(i)||Aspen Dental||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|38||66||Steve Wallace||5 Hour Energy||10 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|39||68||Matthew Carter (S)||11 Chevy||Craig Partee|
|40||70||David Stremme(i)||Foretravel||11 Chevy||Mary Louise Miller|
|41||74||Mike Harmon (S)||Riverwalk Cafe||11 Chevy||Mike Harmon|
|42||75||Johnny Chapman (S)||Lilly Trucking of VA||11 Ford||Rick Ware|
|43||81||Blake Koch||DAYSTAR.com||11 Dodge||Pat MacDonald|
|44||87||Joe Nemechek||11 Toyota||Andrea Nemechek|
|45||88||Aric Almirola||Suave MEN||11 Chevy||Dale Earnhardt Jr|
|46||89||Morgan Shepherd||11 Chevy||Morgan Shepherd|
|99||Not Entered||Pastrana Waltrip|
|Must qualify on time|
|(i) Not running for title|
|(S) Known start and park|
Just a few notes this week:
- #03- Scott Riggs returns to R3 Motorsports, but this time is in the second entry for the team. Riggs may be a start and park driver this week.
- #12- Can't have a race sponsored by Alliance Truck Parts without the yellow #12. Sam Hornish will have to qualify on time.
- #13- Jennifer Jo Cobb is back this week. Cobb still hasn't found the consistency and speed that she needs to stay afloat in the Nationwide series. She will need to qualify on time.
- #18- Kyle Busch returns. It's been a rough couple of weeks for Busch and he may be looking to forget his troubles with a win.
- #20- Joey Logano is back this week but will need to qualify on time after skipping the last race.
- #25- Team Rensi Motorsports returns this week as Chad Finley will make his Nationwide Debut. Finley and the team has full sponsorship for this race and will be looking to make an impact. Finley will have to qualify on time.
- #30- Reed Sorenson will move to this team as Mark Martin will take his ride for a spin this weekend. Martin has one win already this year and is looking to put some distance on Kyle Busch in the all time wins list.
- #42- Tim Andrews and the entire Second Chance racing crew were fired after the last race. No reason was given, but Second Chance is not entered this week. Andrews is in the obvious start and park third entry for Key Motorsports.
- #52- Thanks to another team biting the dust in the top 30, Jimmy Means Racing is now locked into the Michigan race.
- #64- David Reutimann is making his third start for Rusty Wallace Racing. Reuti will have to qualify on time.
Join us later today for the open race thread while you tune into ABC at 3pm eastern for the Alliance Truck Parts 250 from Brooklyn, Michigan. Enjoy!