At the beginning of the season we got a great look at what Daytona racing would be like with the Nationwide Series race. While many people do not like the two by two driving, Daytona still had the main key aspect that sets it, and Talladega, apart from other tracks: anyone can win.
Landon Cassill almost pulled off a great upset win, as did Mike Wallace and Joe Nemechek. Wallace was sent flipping as Cassill pushed Stewart to the win. Tony is back again, this time in a fourth Kevin Harvick Inc. Chevy. Harvick himself is in the #4 team that Stewart won with back in February.
After watching Reed Sorenson beat the Road Ringers, and already seeing Ricky Stenhouse and Justin Allgaier beating the Sprint Cup drivers, this race is really anybodies to win.
Your normal favorites are there; Busch, Logano, Stewart and Harvick, but you can add to the list Mike Wallace, Ricky Stenhouse and Reed Sorenson. Don't count out Elliott Sadler either, he's been so close to winning this year that you feel like it's not a matter of if, but a matter of when.
Entry List and more after the Jump.
|1||01||Mike Wallace||Cowboys and Aliens||11 Chevy||JD Motorsports|
|2||1||Jamie McMurray (i)||10 Chevy||Phoenix Racing|
|3||2||Elliott Sadler||OneMain Financial||11 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc|
|4||4||Kevin Harvick(i) [PC1]||OneMain Financial||10 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc|
|5||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|6||7||Danica Patrick||GoDaddy.com||11 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|7||9||Tony Stewart(i)||TapOut||11 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc|
|8||07||Danny Efland||C3i Sports||11 Chevy||Efland Racing|
|9||09||Kenny Wallace||G-Oil||11 Toyota||RAB Racing|
|10||11||Brian Scott||Shore Lodge||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|11||13||Jennifer Jo Cobb||DriverBoutique.com||11 Ford||Jennifer Jo Cobb|
|12||14||Eric McClure||Hefty BlackOut/Reynolds||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|13||15||Timmy Hill||New Orleans Voodoo||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|14||16||Trevor Bayne||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|15||18||Kyle Busch(i)||NOS||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|16||19||Mike Bliss||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|17||20||Joey Logano(i)||SportClips||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|18||21||Tim George Jr||Applebee's / Potomac Family Dining||10 Chevy||Richard Childress|
|19||22||Brad Keselowski(i)||Discount Tire||11 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|20||23||Robert Richardson Jr||North TX Pipe||11 Dodge||R3 Motorsports|
|21||28||Derrike Cope||Maxelence||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|22||30||Ricky Carmichael(i)||Monster Energy||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|23||31||Justin Allgaier||Brandt||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|24||32||Reed Sorenson||Dollar General||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|25||33||Clint Bowyer(i)||Rheem/Menards||11 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc|
|26||38||Jason Leffler||Great Clips||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|27||39||Josh Wise||Cajun Industries||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|28||40||Charles Lewandoski||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|29||41||Jeffrey Earnhardt(i)||AFL-New Orleans Voodoo||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|30||42||Tim Andrews||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|31||44||Jeff Green [PC2]||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|32||46||Chase Miller||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|33||51||Jeremy Clements||Daytona Kennel Club and Poker Room||10 Chevy||Jeremy Clements|
|34||52||Kevin Lepage||TRX Software Development, Inc.||11 Chevy||Jimmy Means|
|35||60||Carl Edwards(i)||Subway||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|36||62||Michael Annett||Pilot Flying J||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|37||66||Steve Wallace||5 Hour Energy||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|38||68||Matthew Carter||11 Chevy||Fleur-De-Lis|
|39||70||Dennis Setzer||11 Chevy||ML Motorsports|
|40||74||Mike Harmon||Pellet IPT Grills||11 Chevy||Mike Harmon|
|41||81||Blake Koch||DAYSTAR.com||11 Dodge||MacDonald|
|42||87||Kevin Conway||Extenze||11 Toyota||NEMCO|
|43||88||Aric Almirola||Suave MEN||11 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|44||89||Morgan Shepherd||11 Chevy||Faith Motorsports|
|45||97||Joe Nemechek [PC3]||Extenze||11 Chevy||NEMCO|
|Not Locked In|
|(i) Not Running for Championship|
|(s) Known Start and Park|
For the first time in weeks we have more then 43 cars entered.
Just a few notes this week:
- #1- Phoenix Racing returns but without Landon Cassill this time. Jamie McMurray will pilot the part time team, if he can qualify on time.
- #4- Kevin Harvick hops into the team that won the last Daytona Race. Harvick is locked in as a past champion.
- #7- Danica Patrick returns, and she has a great chance of winning her first race. If she can stay out of trouble.
- #9- Tony Stewart will have to qualify on time, but that should not be a problem for him. Stewart has the most wins at Daytona in the Nationwide Series of any other driver.
- #20- Joey Logano will have to qualify on time, but that should not be a problem with Gibbs power under the hood.
- #21- Richard Childress Racing returns for it's first start of 2011. Tim George, who is RCR's ARCA developmental driver, will pilot the team as long as he can qualify on time.
- #41- Jeffrey Earnhardt returns to Rick Ware this week, but in a Nationwide car. Earnhardt will have to qualify on time.
- #87- Kevin Conway brings his sponsor, but nothing else to the table. It's a shame that Nemechek has to drive a second NEMCO Chevy this week. I'm not sure if Nemechek is start and parking, but it would be a loss. Joe almost won in the spring. Conway isn't much of a driver, but is locked in. Nemechek will have to qualify on time, or have both Harvick and Green lock in on time.
Log on to Nascar Ranting and Raving this Friday night for an open race thread. While you're enjoying the wit of the RnR writers and fans, tune into ESPN at 7pm eastern for the Live broadcast of the Subway Jalapeno 250 from Daytona International Raceway! Enjoy!