Cue the music as we head to Nashville Speedway. The 1.333 mile track is home to the Nationwide Series this week as the Sprint Cup Series has off this week. Nashville has been Carl Edward's playground as of late. He won last week and three straight before that from 2006 and both races in 2007.
Brad Keselowski is a two time winner here and Kyle Busch is taking a week off from the Nationwide and Cup series as he will be racing for his own team in the truck race instead. The #20 team is also absent from the race this week. Expect a knock out race here as we near the second half of the season.
Entry List and more after the jump!
|1||01||Mike Wallace||Cowboys and Aliens||11 Chevy||JD Motorsports|
|2||2||Elliott Sadler||OneMain Financial||11 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc|
|3||03||Marc Davis (s)||TBA||11 Chevy||R3 Motorsports|
|4||04||Danny O'Quinn (s)||TBA||11 Ford||Go Green Racing|
|5||05||Justin Ashburn (s)||31-W Insulation||11 Chevy||Wayne Day Racing|
|6||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||Roush Fenway Racing||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|7||7||Josh Wise||TaxSlayer.com||11 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|8||09||Kenny Wallace||Federated Auto Parts||11 Toyota||RAB Racing|
|9||11||Brian Scott||Shore Lodge||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|10||12||Sam Hornish Jr||Alliance||11 Dodge||Penske Racing|
|11||13||Jennifer Jo Cobb||TenForJen.com||11 Dodge||Jennifer Jo Cobb|
|12||14||Eric McClure||Hefty BlackOut/Reynolds||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|13||15||Timmy Hill||TBA||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|14||16||Trevor Bayne||Roush Fenway Racing||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|15||18||Drew Herring||SportClips||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|16||19||Mike Bliss||Racing for Education||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|17||22||Brad Keselowski(i)||Discount Tire||11 Dodge||Penske Racing|
|18||23||David Green||TBA||11 Chevy||R3 Motorsports|
|19||28||Derrike Cope||MAXelence.com||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|20||30||Mikey Kile||TBA||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|21||31||Justin Allgaier||Dollar General||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|22||32||Reed Sorenson||Dollar General||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|23||33||Austin Dillon(i)||Rheem||11 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc|
|24||38||Jason Leffler||Great Clips||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|25||39||Danny Efland||C3i Sports||11 Ford||Go Green Racing|
|26||40||Charles Lewandoski||TBA||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|27||41||Carl Long (s)||TBA||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|28||42||Tim Andrews (s)||TBA||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|29||44||Jeff Green (s)||TBA||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|30||46||Chase Miller (s)||TBA||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|31||47||Brett Rowe (s)||TBA||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|32||49||Dennis Setzer (s)||TBA||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|33||51||Jeremy Clements||racedaysponsor.com||10 Chevy||Jeremy Clements|
|34||52||Kevin Lepage||TBA||11 Chevy||Jimmy Means|
|35||60||Carl Edwards(i)||Fastenal||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|36||62||Michael Annett||Pilot Flying J||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace Racing|
|37||66||Steve Wallace||5 Hour Energy||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace Racing|
|38||70||David Stremme(i)||Foretravel||11 Chevy||ML Motorsports|
|39||71||Matt Carter (s)||TBA||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|40||74||Mike Harmon (s)||TBA||11 Chevy||Mike Harmon|
|41||75||Johnny Chapman (s)||TBA||11 Ford||Rick Ware Racing|
|42||81||Blake Koch||DAYSTAR.com||11 Dodge||MacDonald Racing|
|43||87||Scott Wimmer||TBD||11 Toyota||NEMCO|
|44||88||Aric Almirola||Degree MEN||11 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|45||89||Morgan Shepherd||Victory in Jesus Racing||11 Chevy||Faith Motorsports|
|(i) Not Running for Title|
|(s) Known Start and Park|
|Must Qualify on time|
|Past Champion, Locked In|
42 cars are entered this week, so all will make the race.
- #03- R3 Motorspots has entered a second car this week. Marc Davis is driving. I'm not sure if he is parking, but if he is, it's a waste of a good talent.
- #04- How does one go from being on the cusp of a Sprint Cup ride to being a part time start and park? Danny O'Quinn needs some good luck and just one person to give him a chance to shine.
- #05- Justin Ashburn will attempt his 31st Nationwide Race. Ashburn has yet to garner a top ten in his career.
- #12- Sam Hornish returns again this week. Hornish really needs a win here. It could help him big for next year.
- #18- Drew Herring will make another start for Joe Gibbs this week. Herring is looking for another strong run this week.
- Key Motorsports continues to show how much of a joke NASCAR rules are by entering three start and park cars to support the #40 car.
- Rick Ware has decided to do the same thing as Key Motorsports. The #41, #71 and #75 are all start and park cars this week to support Timmy Hill.
- #70- David Stremme returns again this week. Stremme is another in a long line of Sprint Cup castaways.
- #87- Scott Wimmer is making a start for Joe Nemechek this week. I'm not sure as to why Joe isn't driving this week.
Join us this Saturday night for the live Nationwide Open Race Thread, while you're doing that, tune into ESPN at 7pm eastern for the running of the Federated Auto Parts 300 live from Nashville Speedway! Enjoy.