It's road racing Nationwide style for the next two races. The last three events here have been won by Marcos Ambrose but he is mysteriously absent from the Entry List. Ambrose has been an also ran this year in the Cup series, and may be focusing his attention on breaking out of his slump with a win in the Cup race at the Glen. The only past winner in the race this week is Ron Fellows. Fellows won in 1998, 2000, and 2001 but hasn't won since.
JR Motorsports has three teams entered this week. Almirola continues to try to hang in the Championship hunt, Ron Fellows is in the #5 Chevy and Five Time Sprint Cup Champion Jimmie Johnson will make a rare Nationwide appearance in the #7. Joe Gibbs rolls out his top talent as Kyle Busch and Joey Logano join underperforming Brian Scott. There's 50 teams entered this week, which means we will actually be sending home some teams. It's good news for the Nationwide Series, we've had to many short fields this year.
Entry List and Notes after the JUMP!
|1||01||Mike Wallace||TBA||11 Chevy||JD Motorsports|
|2||2||Elliott Sadler||OneMain Financial||11 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc.|
|3||5||Ron Fellows *||Canadian Tire||11 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|4||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||Roush Fenway Racing||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|5||7||Jimmie Johnson(i)||Jimmie Johnson's Anything with an engine||11 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|6||09||Kenny Wallace||TBD||11 Toyota||RAB Racing|
|7||11||Brian Scott||Shore Lodge||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|8||13||Dan Brode *||DrivenMale.com||11 Dodge||Jennifer Jo Cobb|
|9||14||Eric McClure||Hefty BlackOut/Reynolds||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|10||15||Timmy Hill||Rick Ware Racing||11 Ford||Rick Ware|
|11||16||Trevor Bayne *||Roush Fenway Racing||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|12||18||Kyle Busch(i)||Z-Line Designs||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|13||19||Mike Bliss||TBA||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|14||20||Joey Logano(i) *||GameStop||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|15||21||Tim George Jr *||Applebee's / Potomac Family Dining Group||11 Chevy||Richard Childress|
|16||22||Brad Keselowski(i)||Ruby Tuesday / Discount Tire||11 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|17||23||Alex Kennedy||Primalyn Ent-Dream Factory||11 Chevy||R3 Motorsports|
|18||28||Derrike Cope||MAXelence.com||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|19||30||James Buescher(i)||TBA||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|20||31||Justin Allgaier||Florida Gulf Safe||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|21||32||Reed Sorenson||Dollar General||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|22||33||Paul Menard(i)||Rheem/Menards||11 Chevy||Kevin Harvick Inc.|
|23||38||Jason Leffler||Great Clips||11 Chevy||Turner Motorsports|
|24||39||Casey Roderick||TBA||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|25||40||Josh Wise||TBA||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|26||41||Tomy Drissi(i) *||Alvin & the Chipmunks-Chipwrecked||11 Ford||Rick Ware|
|27||42||Tim Andrews *||TBA||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|28||44||Jeff Green (PC)||TBA||11 Chevy||TriStar Motorsports|
|29||46||Chase Miller *||TBA||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|30||47||Charles Lewandoski *||TBA||11 Chevy||Key Motorsports|
|31||49||Mark Green *||TBA||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|32||50||TBA *||TBA||11 Chevy||R3 Motorsports|
|33||51||Jeremy Clements||racedaysponsor.com||10 Chevy||Jeremy Clements|
|34||52||Kevin LePage||TBA||11 Chevy||Jimmy Means|
|35||53||Andrew Ranger *||Bollegraaf-Lobo USA||11 Dodge||Robert Torriere|
|36||55||Brett Rowe *||Imperial Bedding||11 Chevy||Faith Motorsports|
|37||60||Carl Edwards(i)||Fastenal||11 Ford||Roush Fenway|
|38||62||Michael Annett||Pilot Flying J||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|39||64||Jason Bowles *||TBA||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|40||66||Steve Wallace||5 Hour Energy||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|41||67||J R Fitzpatrick *||Go Canada Racing||11 Ford||Go Canada Racing|
|42||70||Dennis Setzer||TBA||11 Chevy||ML Motorsports|
|43||71||Chris Cook(i) *||Rick Ware Racing||11 Ford||Rick Ware|
|44||74||Mike Harmon *||TBA||11 Chevy||Mike Harmon|
|45||75||Johnny Chapman *||Rick Ware Racing||11 Ford||Rick Ware|
|46||81||Blake Koch||DAYSTAR.com||11 Dodge||Pat MacDonald|
|47||87||Joe Nemechek||TBD||11 Toyota||NEMCO|
|48||88||Aric Almirola||Ragu||11 Chevy||JR Motorsports|
|49||89||Morgan Shepherd||Victory in Jesus Racing||11 Chevy||Faith Motorsports|
|50||97||TBA *||TBA||11 Chevy||NEMCO|
Just a few notes this week:
- #5- Three time race winner Ron Fellows will take the wheel of a third JR Motorsports Chevy. He will have to qualify on time.
- #7- Jimmie Johnson will make a rare Nationwide start this week. He's promoting Jimmie Johnson's Boring Race Car Driver, otherwise known as Jimmie Johnson's Anything With an Engine. It's a video game that will soon be available for XBox Live and PSN.
- #13- Dan Brode will make another start in the Nationwide Series. Last year it was with Specialty Racing, this year it's for Jennifer Jo Cobb. Brode will have to qualify on time.
- #16- Trevor Bayne will have to qualify on time this week.
- #20- Joey Logano will have to qualify on time this week.
- #21- Tim George Jr, RCR's next big star, will return this week for Childress. George will have to qualify on time.
- #22- For some reason Brad Keselowski is back in the Nationwide Series. After winning this past Sunday to secure himself a Chase birth, Keso will again try to drive with a broken ankle. I do not know why Keso would even attempt to drive in the Nationwide Series this week.
- #33- Paul Menard will make a start for Kevin Harvick this week. Menard has shown to be a very skilled road racer.
- #40- Josh Wise will make a start for Key Motorsports, who yet again has more start and park teams then actual teams racing for a win.
- #50- Is a second car for R3 Motorsports and could pull out or start and park. No driver is named at this time.
- #53- Andrew Ranger, fresh for his Sprint Cup Debut on Sunday will bring his team to the Nationwide Series yet again. Ranger still hasn't had that breakout finish, and will have to qualify on time.
- #64- Jason Bowles will make a start for Rusty Wallace Racing as they prepare to go three wide next season. Bowles will have to qualify on time.
I've omitted some of the Start and Park teams as you could put a toddler in the car and it wouldn't make a difference. I am kind of shocked at the lack of some big name drivers. Boris Said, Max Papis and Jaques Villenueve are all absent from Watkins Glen this year.
Join us Saturday at Noon eastern for the Open Race Thread. While you're there, tune your TV or cell phone to ESPN for the Zippo 200 Live from Watkins Glen, NY! Enjoy!