You can never have enough Road Courses. For the second straight week, and the third time this year, Nationwide Racing will turn right. First stop was Road America, where Reed Sorenson took home his first win of the season. Last week we saw Kurt Busch make his first start since 2007 and dominate. And this week is shaping up to be a great event. Now, I can be upset about Carl Edwards being entered yet again when Kyle Busch and Brad Keselowski are not, but Carl will have to fight against Road Course Ringers, Jaques Villeneuve, Marcos Ambrose, Alex Tagliani, and others.
After the checkered drops, we will have just 10 races to go in the 2011 Nationwide Series. We do not have a clear front runner for the Championship as Ricky Stenhouse, Reed Sorenson, Elliott Sadler and a handful of others are still within striking distance of the top spot. This race will be big for the top three in points as they each try to make a big run with the season coming to a close.
Entry List and More after the JUMP!
|1||01||Mike Wallace||TBA||11 Chevy||Lori Davis|
|2||2||Elliott Sadler||OneMain Financial||11 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|3||03||Jean Francois Dumoulin *||N TX Pipe||11 Chevrolet||Robert Richardson Sr|
|4||04||TBA *||TBA||11 Ford||Archie St Hilaire|
|5||5||Ron Fellows *||Canadian Tire||11 Chevy||Rick Hendrick|
|6||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||Roush Fenway Racing||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|7||7||Danica Patrick||GoDaddy.com||11 Chevy||Kelley Earnhardt|
|8||09||Kenny Wallace||TBD||11 Toyota||Robby Benton|
|9||9||Marcos Ambrose(i) *||Stanley||11 Ford||Richard Petty|
|10||11||Brian Scott||Shore Lodge||11 Toyota||J D Gibbs|
|11||12||Alex Tagliani *||Hot Wheels||11 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|12||13||Dan Brode *||DrivenMale.com||11 Dodge||Jennifer Jo Cobb|
|13||14||Eric McClure||Hefty BlackOut/Reynolds||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|14||15||Timmy Hill||Rick Ware Racing||11 Ford||Bob Germain|
|15||16||Trevor Bayne *||3M||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|16||18||Michael McDowell(i)||Sherwin Williams||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|17||19||Mike Bliss||Del Monte Foods||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|18||21||Tim George Jr *||Applebee's / Potomac Family Dining Group||11 Chevy||Richard Childress|
|19||22||Jacques Villeneuve||Discount Tire/Ruby Tuesday||11 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|20||23||Alex Kennedy||Media Master||11 Chevy||Robert Richardson Sr|
|21||28||Derrike Cope||MAXelence.com||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|22||30||Boris Said(i)||TBA||11 Chevy||Harry Scott Jr|
|23||31||Justin Allgaier||Florida Gulf Safe||11 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|24||32||Reed Sorenson||Dollar General||11 Chevy||Sandra Turner|
|25||33||Scott Speed||Rheem Heating, Cooling and Water Heating||11 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|26||38||Jason Leffler||Great Clips||11 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|27||39||Luis Martinez Jr||King Taco||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|28||40||Josh Wise||TBA||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|29||41||Tomy Drissi(i) *||Alvin & the Chipmunks-Chipwrecked||11 Ford||Rick Ware|
|30||42||Chase Miller *||Key Motorsports||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|31||44||Jeff Green *||TBA||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|32||49||Mark Green *||TBA||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|33||51||Jeremy Clements||Clements Racing Engines||10 Chevy||Johnny Davis|
|34||52||TBA||TBA||11 Chevy||Jimmy Means|
|35||53||Andrew Ranger *||TBA||11 Dodge||Robert Torriere|
|36||55||Brett Rowe *||Imperial Bedding||11 Chevy||Cindy Shepherd|
|37||60||Carl Edwards(i)||Fastenal||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|38||62||Michael Annett||Northland Motor Oils||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|39||64||Jason Bowles *||TBA||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|40||66||Steve Wallace||5 Hour Energy||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|41||67||J R Fitzpatrick *||Go Canada Racing||11 Ford||Steve Meehan|
|42||70||Blake Koch||TBA||11 Chevy||Mary Louise Miller|
|43||75||Chris Cook(i) *||Rick Ware Racing||11 Ford||Rick Ware|
|44||77||Robby Gordon(i) *||Speed Energy||11 Dodge||Robby Gordon|
|45||81||Maryeve Dufault||Quebec Dodge Dealers||11 Dodge||Pat MacDonald|
|46||87||Joe Nemechek||TBD||11 Toyota||Andrea Nemechek|
|47||88||Aric Almirola||Grand Touring Vodka||11 Chevy||Dale Earnhardt Jr|
|48||89||Morgan Shepherd||Victory in Jesus Racing||11 Chevy||Morgan Shepherd|
|49||97||Kyle Kelley *||TBD||11 Chevy||Andrea Nemechek|
|50||99||Patrick Carpentier *||UAP, Inc||11 Toyota||Gary Bechtel|
|*- Must Qualify on Time|
|(i)- Not Running for Championship|
There are 50 teams entered for 43 spots. We have a lot of notes this time.
- #03- Jean Francois Dumoulin is in the Start and Park R3 Motorsports Chevy. I don't think that R3 would hire the Quebec Road Ringer just to start and park this week. Dumoulin is making his first Nascar start, as long as he can qualify on time.
- #04- Go Green Racing have entered a second team but do not have a driver yet. That's normally a sign that they do not intend to run the full race with this team.
- #7- Danica Patrick will make a start with JR Motorsports. She arrives in Montreal amid rumors that she is leaving IndyCar and will join NASCAR full time next year. That's bad news for Josh Wise, but good news for the sport. It is also rumored that Patrick will race a handful of Cup races for Stewart Haas Racing next year too.
- #9- Fresh off a win in the Cup series at Watkins Glen, Marcos Ambrose will try to continue his good Road Racing finishes in the Nationwide Series.
- #12- Another IndyCar driver, Alex Tagliani will make a start for Roger Penske this week. Tag is always a fan favorite underdog, and this week should be even more exciting with him in it.
- #21- Tim George Jr will make another start for RCR. George will have to qualify on time.
- #22-The favorite to win this weekend, Jacques Villeneuve. He's in Brad Keselowski's car, the same team that won last week with Kurt Busch at the wheel. Jacques is one you always have to keep an eye out for.
- #30- Boris Said will drive for Turner Motorsports this week. Said is an accomplished Road Racer, and won a race last year for RAB Racing.
- #33- It's the return of Scott Speed. A Troy J Favorite. Speed has been looking for a full time ride after Red Bull dumped him in favor of one off driver Kasey Kahne. Speed is set to take the KHI team back to victory lane this week.
- #40- Josh Wise has snagged himself a ride this week. Key Motorsports only has one other start and park team this weekend.
- #53- Andrew Ranger, a 4ever3 Favorite, is entered again this week after a disappointing run last week. Ranger will have to qualify on time.
- #77-Robby Gordon is back this week. We haven't seen Gordon make as many starts in the Nationwide series lately. Gordon will have to qualify on time.
- #81- Maryeve Dufault, a regular in the ARCA series, will make her first start this week. Dufault is another of Canada's own trying to make the leap to Nationwide.
- #99-Patrick Carpentier will pilot the Pastrana Waltrip racing Toyota this weekend. Carpentier is another favorite to have a great run, but he will have to qualify on time.
Log into Nascar Ranting And Raving Saturday before 2 to join in on the open race thread and tune into ESPN for the live running of the NAPA Auto Parts 200 from Montreal, Canada.