6'4, 220 pounds | Wide receiver | North Carolina
First word: Jones had a season of emergence as a junior in 2010. After being injured in the 2009 season, he finished last year with 62 receptions for 946 yards. He's off to a good start in his senior season and is quickly rising up draft boards.
He has excellent size for the position, but is still a little raw. His route running needs work and he's had consistency issues in the past.
• Plays up to his size, which makes him a mismatch against undersized cornerbacks.
• Shows a decent burst to get off the line of scrimmage. Struggles at times to get off the line when he's jammed. Needs to learn better disengage techniques.
• Developing as a route runner. Isn't asked to run complex routes that frequently and tends to round off his cuts.
• Definitely a high-point catching wide receiver. Really attacks the ball in the air.
• There isn't a lot of wiggle to Jones' game. He doesn't generate a lot of yards after the catch if he has to elude defenders.
• Should time well. Has good playing speed for such a big wide receiver.
• Struggled in 2010 from lapses of inconsistency. That may have more to do with the quarterback play than anything else, however.