Dover. That's where this crazy 2011 Nationwide Series Season takes us next. It's still the three S's leading the points race; Sorenson, Sadler, and Stenhouse, but there are plenty of drivers that you cannot count out yet. Can Stenhouse leave Dover the same way he entered it? As the Points Leader? Will we see a new challenger rise from the depths? Tune in to find out.
The season is winding down, and it makes no sense that the schedule would have three races, then back to back off weeks, then three races to end the year. The season should be broken up a bit more so that you don't have 3 of the 6 off weeks in the last 10 weeks of the season. Everyone's attention is starting to turn to the MLB Playoffs and the 2011 NFL Season. It's not easy to keep the fan's attention when you have so many off weeks to end the year.
Entry List and more after the JUMP!
|1||01||Mike Wallace||TBA||11 Chevy||Lori Davis|
|2||2||Elliott Sadler||OneMain Financial||11 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|3||03||Marc Davis * (S)||TBA||11 Chevy||Robert Richardson Sr|
|4||04||Kelly Bires * (S)||Go Green Racing||11 Ford||Archie St Hilaire|
|5||6||Ricky Stenhouse Jr||Roush Fenway Racing||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|6||7||Jamie McMurray(i)||GoDaddy.com||11 Chevy||Kelley Earnhardt|
|7||09||Kenny Wallace||Federated Auto Parts||11 Toyota||Robby Benton|
|8||11||Brian Scott||Shore Lodge||11 Toyota||J D Gibbs|
|9||13||Jennifer Jo Cobb *||Driver Boutique||11 Dodge||Jennifer Jo Cobb|
|10||14||Eric McClure||Hefty BlackOut/Reynolds||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|11||15||Timmy Hill||Poynt||11 Ford||Bob Germain|
|12||16||Trevor Bayne *||Roush Fenway Racing||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|13||18||Joey Logano(i)||SportClips||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|14||19||Mike Bliss||TBA||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|15||20||Ryan Truex *||Heinz||11 Toyota||Joe Gibbs|
|16||22||Brad Keselowski(i)||Ruby Tuesday||11 Dodge||Roger Penske|
|17||23||Scott Riggs||N TX Pipe||11 Chevy||Robert Richardson Sr|
|18||28||Derrike Cope||Maxelence||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|19||30||Jason Leffler||AccuDoc||11 Chevy||Harry Scott Jr|
|20||31||Justin Allgaier||Racersites and Justinallgaier.com||11 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|21||32||Reed Sorenson||Dollar General||11 Chevy||Sandra Turner|
|22||33||Clint Bowyer(i)||Rheem Heating||11 Chevy||Delana Harvick|
|23||38||Kasey Kahne(i)||Great Clips||11 Chevy||Steve Turner|
|24||39||Fain Skinner||Car Port Empire||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|25||40||Josh Wise||TBA||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|26||41||Johnny Chapman * (S)||Rick Ware Racing||11 Chevy||Rick Ware|
|27||42||Tim Andrews * (S)||Key Motorsports||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|28||44||Jeff Green (PC) (S)||TBA||11 Chevy||Mark Smith|
|29||46||Chase Miller * (S)||Key Motorsports||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|30||47||Charles Lewandoski * (S)||TBA||11 Chevy||Curtis Key Sr|
|31||49||Mark Green * (S)||Acredale Vending||11 Chevy||Jay Robinson|
|32||50||T J Bell(i) * (S)||Liberty Tire Recycling||11 Chevy||Mark Beaver|
|33||51||Jeremy Clements||Clements Racing Engines||10 Chevy||Johnny Davis|
|34||52||Kevin Lepage||TBA||11 Chevy||Jimmy Means|
|35||60||Carl Edwards(i)||Fastenal||11 Ford||Jack Roush|
|36||62||Michael Annett||Pilot-Flying J||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|37||66||Steve Wallace||5 Hour Energy||11 Toyota||Rusty Wallace|
|38||70||Casey Roderick||TBA||11 Chevy||Mary Louise Miller|
|39||71||Matthew Carter * (S)||Rick Ware Racing||11 Ford||Rick Ware|
|40||74||Mike Harmon * (S)||MHR||11 Chevy||Mike Harmon|
|41||75||Carl Long * (S)||Rick Ware Racing||11 Ford||Rick Ware|
|42||81||Blake Koch||DAYSTAR.com||11 Dodge||Pat MacDonald|
|43||82||Scott Wimmer * (S)||MacDonald Motorsports||10 Dodge||Randy MacDonald|
|44||87||Joe Nemechek||TBD||11 Toyota||Andrea Nemechek|
|45||88||Aric Almirola||Ragu||11 Chevy||Dale Earnhardt Jr|
|46||89||Morgan Shepherd||ABLE-Victory in Jesus Racing||11 Chevy||Morgan Shepherd|
|(i)- Not Running For Championship|
|*- Not Locked In|
|(S)- Known Start and Park|
46 teams entered means that three go home. Just a couple of notes this week:
- #7- Jamie McMurray is back in the JR Motorsports team this week. It looks like the Josh Wise experiment may be over. With Danica Patrick running full time, Wise is without a ride for 2012.
- #15- We haven't talked about Timmy Hill all season. And for good reason. Rick Ware has anywhere from one to three cars entered every week that Start and Park just so Timmy Hill can drive the full season. Hill has done nothing to show he deserves a full time ride yet.
- #19- Mike Bliss is a better driver then people give him credit for. We've seen what Bliss can do with great equipment. It shows just how far behind TriStar Motorsports is when Bliss is a midpack car every week.
- #20- Ryan Truex won't quit. Not until he finally gets that first Nationwide Win. It could happen here at Dover.
- #23- Scott Riggs is back with R3 Motorsports this week. Riggs has given them the best finishes this year.
- #33- Clint Bowyer, soon to be ex-RCR driver Clint Bowyer, will probably make his last start with Kevin Harvick Inc. Whoever his replacement is in the Sprint Cup #33 car will probably slide into KHI's #33 car for a few races next year. Speaking of RCR, it should be noted that Austin Dillon will drive the #3 Chevy for KHI and RCR next season in a full time effort. Dillon is not just a Rookie of the Year favorite, but he may just be a dark horse for the Championship next year.
Join us Saturday Afternoon for an Open Race Thread while you tune into ESPN2 at 3pm eastern for the running of the OneMain Finacial 200 from Dover! Enjoy!