Monday at the 2012 NFL Combine saw some defensive linemen and linebackers show off some incredible athleticism while other raised question marks. Mychal Kendricks out of California was the fastest of the group with a 4.47 40-yard dash time, while top 3-4 OLB prospect Bruce Irvin and top MLB prospect Luke Kuechly, also impressed. Melvin Ingram and Quinton Coples showed why they could be good fits for multiple systems while Vontaze Burfict hurt his stock. Here are some of the best performers in the 40-yard dash.
- Mychal Kendricks, LB, California - 4.47
- Zach Brown, LB, North Carolina - 4.50
- Bruce Irvin, DL, West Virginia - 4.50
- Luke Kuechly, LB, Boston College - 4.58
- Demario Davis, LB, Arkansas State - 4.61
- Shea McClellin, DL, Boise St. - 4.63
- Nigel Bradham, LB, Florida St. - 4.64
- Nick Perry, DL, USC - 4.64
- Najee Goode, LB, West Virginia - 4.64
- Lavonte David, LB, Nebraska - 4.65
And here are some of the other notable times.
- Dont'a Hightower, LB, Alabama - 4.68
- Quinton Coples, DL, North Carolina - 4.78
- Melvin Ingram, DL, South Carolina - 4.79
- Vontaze Burfict, LB, Arizona State - 5.09
You can find the complete results at NFL.com.