The most recent prices on TiqIQ, which gathers ticket sales from all leading secondary-market sites, still range from $2,082 in the nosebleeds to a staggering $11,138 in the lowest level, near mid-field. If you've got the scratch to burn, hey, why not?
But what else could you get for the same amount of money? Well, I'll tell you!
If you were thinking about blowing a couple months of pay (or whatever, I don't presume to know how much you earn) on one of the cheap seats, here is what $2,082 could get you:
- 160 copies of "Get Him to the Greek" (provided you purchase it at Target)
- 1,041 bottles of Trader Joe's wine
Come on, seriously. Wouldn't it be cooler to be the White Ranger than to sit around in Indianapolis watching a football game? Well, maybe not "cooler," per se...
But if you're a super-duper high roller, here is what the top-of-the-line ticket could get you. With $11,138, you could:
- Play 2,227 hands of $5 blackjack at "Toby Keith's I Love This Party Pit" at Harrah's in Las Vegas (probably a better return on your investment)
- Get 125 tickets to see the Yankees play the Red Sox at Fenway Park, or 236 tickets to see the Red Sox play the Yankees at Yankee Stadium
- Buy 42 round-trip flights from Los Angeles to Indianapolis, or 72 round-trip flights from New York to Indianapolis (assuming you're booking in advance, flying Southwest and don't care about layovers. But why would you? You've got 11 grand to burn, so you probably don't have anywhere to be.)
- 11,138 McChicken sandwiches (made to order)
- Two leather sofas from Restoration Hardware
Really, there are any number of things you can buy with that kind of money. But, I suppose if you have that kind of money, you're already holding your Super Bowl ticket, looking at it and smiling deeply while sprawled out across your two sofas.