This year’s TE class features one elite prospect and many, many more average to good prospects.
1. Dwayne Allen, Clemson – Allen is far and away the best TE in the class. I have him as a late first to early second round pick due to his combination of receiving and blocking abilities.
2. Coby Fleener, Stanford – Fleener is a dynamic TE who is better as a receiver than a blocker. He could also line up as a slot WR in the NFL.
4. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame – Eifert is a good prospect who is only a junior. I have not heard if he declared or not but if he did, he will be a third round pick.
5. Evan Rodriguez, Temple – Rodriguez is a versatile prospect who can also play some H-back. He is an average receiver who excels as a blocker.
After the jump see the rest of the rankings.
6. David Paulson, Oregon
7. Michael Egnew, Missouri
8. George Bryan, N.C. State
9. Ladarius Green, Lousiana-Lafayette
10. Drake Dunsmore, Northwestern
11. Nick Provo, Syracuse
12. Philip Lutzenkirchen, Auburn
13. Michael Williams, Alabama
14. Rhett Ellison, USC
15. Josh Chichester, Louisvile
16. Jake Stoneburner, Ohio State
17. D.C. Jefferson, Rutgers