You know how everyone goes crazy for the 30 for 30 series? Well those documentaries are fine, but the greatest present you could ever give a sports fan would be a 10 DVD box-set full of every Nike commercial from the past 25 years. Because commercials are horrible, sure. But Nike commercials are the absolute greatest. Especially old Nike commercials.
So with that in mind, and because it's important to make THE LIST as irrelevant as possible, today we present 15 classic ads to help you waste your day. We excluded Michael Jordan or Bo Jackson commercials, because that'd be too easy. Instead...
15. Charles Barkley vs. Godzilla
14. Deion Sanders & Vince Lombardi
13. Chicks Dig The Long Ball
12. Tiger Woods Doing Tiger Woods Things
11. The Roswell Rayguns
10. Ladanian Tomlinson & Troy Polamalu & Fate
9. Andre Agassi vs. Pete Samprass in Manhattan
8. Dennis Hopper explains Barry Sanders
7. Just Some Good Ol' Boys
6. Gary Payton & Damon Stoudamire & The Fun Police
5. Drew Bledsoe & the Scarecrow
4. The Beautiful Game In an Airport
3. Gary Payton vs. Evander Holyfield
2. The Babysitter Goalie
1. Lil Penny for Ken Griffey for President
"Now that moose could be a liability..." Lil Penny and Griffey for President encapsulate everything that's ever been great about anything. Now, time to spending the rest of the day watching the Nike Goalie series on YouTube and, of course, obeying the Fun Police.
The List runs Monday through Friday on SBNation.com. You can find past entries here.