As all of you know, we completed our first live draft over the past two days. Great job by all the GMs to show up in force and be ready to make your picks. It was a fun time and despite some technical difficulties early on, we resumed to go at a rapid pace the rest of the time. Actually, today we did five rounds in 4 and a half hours. Some fun facts about the draft after the jump. Also, two more things I would like you to do in the comments
- If you were present the entire time (all 7 rounds) tell me in the comments and list your team. You will get first choice in the next live draft
- List all your draft choices and trades in the comments as well. List any future picks you acquired as well.
- The 100th pick in the draft was traded FOUR times before the Rams took Sean Spence
- The Steelers traded their 7th round pick to the Browns only to have the Browns trade it back to the Steelers later in the draft (that has NEVER happened before in the NFL Draft)
- Their was only 1 FB taken and 1 kicker taken.
- About 100 different times, the man picking a player followed by saying it was a huge steal
- There were 33 WR's taken in this draft. Remarkable stuff there. Earlier in the year I actually said there were 31 draftable WR's in this class.
- Coolest name drafted: Chigbo Anunoby
- Malor tried to say he drafted the next Darren Sproles in the 7th round.
- The Bucs took Jacory Harris in the 7th round
- Alabama led the way with 9 players drafted. Stanford, LSU, South Carolina, Oklahoma State, and North Carolina had 4. Arkansas surprisingly had 6 picks. For so much NFL talent, they were pretty bad last year. Michigan State had 5 players drafted as did Wisconsin as did Oklahoma. Miami had 7 players drafted. They should have been much better last year.
- Mohamed Sanu went 19th overall to the Bears. This is where I mocked him in my latest mock draft.